The Bahá'í Faith was founded by Bahá'u'lláh ("Glory of God") in the 1800's in Persia. This is a course designed to help you learn the basics of the Bahá'í Faith.
- Bahá'ís believe in a single, unknowable God.
- God is the creator of all things, including all the creatures and forces in the universe
- God is a personal God, unknowable, inaccessible, the source of all Revelation, eternal, omniscient, omnipresent and almighty
- God lets people know his will through his Manifestations
- God is not a trinity
- Other than the beliefs about god above, they also believe that all of the worlds major religions teach the same God.
- Unity of God
- Unity of religion
- Unity of mankind
- Gender Equality
- Elimination of all forms of prejudice
- World peace
- Harmony of religion and science
- Independent investigation of truth
- Universal compulsory education
- Universal auxiliary language
- Obedience to government and non-involvement in partisan politics
- Elimination of extremes of wealth and poverty
- Bahá'ís over the age of 15 recite an obligatory prayer each day. There are three such prayers among which one can be chosen each day.
- Backbiting and gossip are prohibited and denounced.
- Adult Bahá'ís in good health observe a nineteen-day sunrise-to-sunset fast each year from March 2 through March 20.
- Bahá'ís are forbidden to drink alcohol or to take drugs, unless prescribed by doctors.
- Sexual relationships are permitted only between a husband and wife, and thus homosexual acts are not permitted.
- Gambling is strictly forbidden.