Astronomy college course/Wikipedia Sidereus Nuncius/questions
Jump to navigation Jump to search
w: Sidereus Nuncius[edit | edit source]
These images will be present on the test:
- Although nobody knows for sure, a likely candidate for the invention of the telescope was (a) Galileo (b) A chinese inventer (c) a lensmaker (c) a glass blower.
- What odd name did Galileo call his telescoes?
- Who or what was the terminator (for Galileo)?
- What did the terminator do when it crossed the mountains?
- What surprising quantitative fact did Galileo estimate regarding the Moon's geological features?
- What did Galileo discover about the Pleiades?
- That were Galileo's Medicean Stars?
- What does the Flight into Egypt have to do with Galileo?
- Simon Marius believed that he deserved the right to name Jupiter’s love after his love conquests: Io, Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto because he (Marius) first observed them on December 29, 1609. Galileo first observed Jupiter's moons was January 7, 1610. How did Galileo prove that he saw them first?
- Prior to the publication of Sidereus Nuncius, the Church accepted the Copernican heliocentric system in what way?