Animal Phyla/Lesson Plan for Animal Phyla
Lesson Plan for Animal Phyla
Title of Lesson
Learning about animal diversity.
Animals are all around us. Most of us recognize many kinds (species) of animals such as dogs, cats, birds, and insects. There are, however, many kinds of animals with which most people are unfamiliar.
The study of animals is called Zoology. In this lesson we will look at the diversity of animal life.
This lesson is intended to give a beginning appreciation to the wide diversity of animal life on Earth, and provide a framework on which to foster further study in zoology.
- Read the opening Animal Phyla page through before using any of the links.
- Take the short quiz linked at the end of the page until passed with 100%. Scores are not recorded and quiz can be taken repeatedly.
- In any order, read through each of the Phyla detail pages.
- Take the short quiz linked at the bottom of each detail page until passed with 100%. Scores are not recorded and quizzes can be taken repeatedly.
- Follow up on any Phyla of particular interest through the links provided in the "References and Further Reading" section of each detail page.
- Add any information to the detail pages you find of particular interest that you'd like to share with others. If you get them from a reference not listed, pleas also include that information.
There are no materials required for the lesson other than access to the computer and the internet to get to the pages.
Hopefully the student has a good overview of the diversity of life on Earth. Thank you for your participation.