An algorithm is, in layman's terms, a method to go about achieving a particular task. Usually, this task is meant to be performed by a computer or other machine, like calculations and data analysis; however, its definition can be easily extended to tasks in everyday life and other situations.
Readings[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Full Video Lecture Series[edit | edit source]
Each of these is a full series of lectures on algorithms, as well as some other course materials. These are designed as roughly third-year courses in computer science.
Open source software[edit | edit source]
- Algorithmic projects at Sourceforge
- jSVR - GPL'd Java program that creates 3D models out of 2D images.
- Fast Genetic Algorithm Library 1.0.2
- Multicore Swarm - Libs for writing code for multi-core chips.
Data compression[edit | edit source]
Document formats[edit | edit source]
Related news[edit | edit source]
- March 30, 2007 - Better algorithms for image labeling created.