Welcome to Adobe Flash ActionScript! I'm glad you've decided to try and learn ActionScript, it is truly a wonderful programming language with plenty of potential in the domain of interactive media.
Firstly, I would like to introduce myself, as teachers do. I am Raven Storm, a young Canadian programmer who has been working in ActionScript for over three years. I have plenty of free time that I've turned into a lot of experience. As an active member of the WikiMedia community, I would like to contribute in whatever way I can by creating this basic tutorial.
So let's get started, shall we?
Prerequisites[edit | edit source]
Since ActionScript is a basic scripting language, there is no real need for any programming experience prior to this tutorial. Basic knowledge of HTML and computers in general are a plus!
Learning materials and learning projects are located in the main Wikiversity namespace. Simply make a link to the name of the learning project (learning projects are independent pages in the main namespace) and start writing!
ActionScript tutorial[edit | edit source]
This tutorial will cover everything you need to get started. There are plenty of tutorials out there that cover complex and specific engines created in ActionScript: this is not (yet) a congolomeration of these tutorials (see websites like Kirupa.com, Flashkit Tutorials, ActionScript.org Tutorials) but an introduction to ActionScript so that you can understand those tutorials!
Enrolled[edit | edit source]
Please sign below if you are participating in this topic. Use 4 tildes (~) to sign.
- Ravenstorm 01:20, 27 September 2006 (UTC)
- 18.104.22.168 17:55, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
- --Xora 18:34, 9 April 2007 (UTC)
- --Kortex 20:54, 14 December 2007 (UTC)
- --Cecil 00:29, 11 May 2008 (UTC)
- --Gazooks113 01:35, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- --Thomas Bebbington22.214.171.124 06:23, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
- --k.krishnakanth reddy
- Hughveal (discuss • contribs) 16:28, 11 March 2014 (UTC)hughveal12:27, 11 March 2014 (UTC)
See also[edit | edit source]
- Programming:Action script - at Wikibooks