Jump to navigation Jump to search
Texts[edit | edit source]
This course will use the Abnormal Psychology Wikibook, as well as online sources.
Course Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Students will have a better grasp of various mental disorders
- Students will be able to differentiate between mental disorders
Course Outline[edit | edit source]
- Introduction - When does a symptom rise to a level of disorder? And are psychiatric disorders truly abnormal if a significant percentage of the population has them?
- Assignment - Buy a cheap notebook to keep a journal for this class all in one place. Begin by reflecting on the above questions, and your expectations for the course.
"Unit One - Serious and Persistent Mental Illness"
- First Class Meeting - Depression
- Second Class Meeting - Bipolar Disorder
- Third Class Meeting - Schizophrenia
- Fourth Class Meeting - Schizoaffective Disorder
- Fifth Class Meeting - Community and Hospital Treatment for People with Serious and Persistent Mental Illness.
|Go to the School of Psychology|