The music industry
This is a learning project about the music industry
What / Who is the Music industry ? 
- Recording companies e.g EMI, Warner, Virgin etc
- 'Publishers' eg. Bossey & Hawkes
- Agents aka managers
- Traditional, such as Tower records
- New players, such as iTunes
- Movie industry
- End listeners/buyers
Why does the music industry exist? 
So that free loaders and listen to free music downloaded on the internet
How does it operate? 
- Genre handling, A dual standard?
- Solely music?
Legal issues 
- Copyright and Free content
- Artist rights
- Publisher control of industry?
Responses to the music industry 
- The age of micro-recording (see Getting started with sound recording)
- Napster, iTunes, MySpace...
- Alternative media
Learn more about The music industry