Pre-Lesson Activity 
- Read Genesis 3:1-7
- Contrast the temptation of Adam with the temptation of Christ in Matthew 4:1-11. What is similar? what is different?
- Read Genesis 3:8-21
- Contrast the clothing made by Adam & Eve with the clothing made by God. Why do you suppose clothing was needed in the first place?
- Is there any order to the way in which God approaches the three transgressors? (the serpent, Adam, and Eve) To the way God punishes them?
- Read Genesis 3:21-24
- Observe the physical results of disobedience. Do they have any spiritual counterparts?
Genesis 3:1 - 6 :: Adam Fails, Christ Succeeds 
Genesis 3:8 - 20 :: The Curse and the Promise 
Genesis 3:22 - 24 :: Separation From God 
Genesis 3:7, 21 :: Faith vs. Works 
In verses 7 and 21, we are presented with two types of clothing - garments made of fig leaves, and garments made of animal skin. These two types of covering are typical of works-based and faith-based religion (respectively), in a couple of ways.
- Adam and Eve created the fig-leaf coverings themselves, whereas God provided them with animal skin clothing.
- Plants are in many ways significant of man's work in scripture. Before the fall, man's primary task was to "tend and keep" the garden
Study Questions 
Next Lesson 
In the next lesson, we'll examine the effects of sin on the pre-flood generations.
- Genesis 4 - 6:8 :: Effects of Sin
Supplemental Resources 
- ↑ Gen 2:15, Gen 3:17-19
- ↑ Gen 2:15