Mere Christianity (CBL)/Week 2
- Read pg. 13-25
- Write a well developed response that expands upon a theme or concept from this week's reading.
- Answer weekly question set
- Take the Book I Quiz on Moodle
This week's discussion will be held at TIME on DATE in the AWF virtual universe, Agape World at the AWF School facility.There is a section on the talk page where you can post topics and questions for us to go over. If you are unable to make it, your questions can also be posted in a separate section to the talk page, where I will do my best to answer them shortly.
Final Essay 
For the first half of this course, you should concentrate on deciding the topic you will write about. If you have an idea already, go ahead and start writing your initial rough draft. Make certain that the topic you select is sufficiently broad to write about and worthy of analysis.
After reading pages 13-25 and writing a response, please answer the following 10 questions in complete sentences. Each question will be worth one point, for a total of ten points possible.
- What are the two odd things about humans referenced on page 13? Why are these things important?
- Are behavorial laws like physical laws? Why or why not?
- What is the materialist view?
- What is the religious view?
- Can science be used to prove one of these views?
- What is the problem with studying man from the outside?
- Can the controlling power show itself in the universe?
- What is the point of the letter metaphor?
- What is the Life-Force philosophy?
- What's wrong with this philosophy?
The Book I Quiz is now open on Moodle. It's 25 free response questions drawn from this unit, with each question worth 1 point. Once again, answers will be graded based on completeness and comprehension.