There are not many errors in Wikiversity. When you find one, maybe this will help
- Error #1 - You submit changes but instead you get this error message
- "Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data. Please try again. If it still doesn't work, try logging out and logging back in."
- Hit SHOW PREVIEW again. Then when the page completely refreshes, press SAVE PAGE.
- Error #2 - This error occurs immediately after Error #1 above
- "Reminder: You have not provided an edit summary. If you click Save again, your edit will be saved without one. "
- Even though you have a edit summary, once Error #1 occurs, Wikiversity can no longer see your edit summary. Therefore, just type a totally new one. Don't use the same one.
- Error #3 - You already have uploaded a new image yet you immediately get this message
- "No file by this name exists, you can upload it.
- Hit the BACK arrow and hit UPLOAD a second time.
Conflicts with Browsers
Each browser works differently. Firefox 2 works great because it has a spell checker. But it also has bugs.
Dragging the page scroll bars. If you drag the page scroll bar down while the page is begin refreshed, sometimes the entire window freezes. You have to close that window with all the pages and continue.
There are many refresh problems. Depending on your dial up connection, you can easily start before Firefox and Wiki servers are ready. Then really weird things happen to the screen. Some of the sections controlled by java scripts are missing and the cursor does not react with the right place in the page.
Solution Scroll up and down to cause the page to refrssh.
Upload error The file you uploaded seems to be empty. This might be due to a typo in the file name. Please check whether you really want to upload this file.