ACT Physical Activity & Facilities Project
Wiki created to develop the research project idea.
The project goes directly to the aims of the ACT Health Promotion Grants Program:
- Supporting projects that promote and facilitate healthy lifestyles and create policies and environments that enable people to enjoy healthier living.
- Encouraging partnerships that strengthen the capacity of individuals and communities to make healthy choices.
Specifically the project aims to:
Two main parts 
- high school based adolescence survey about exercise
- creating an online Canberra physical activity facility resource
Physical Activity Survey 
Information in the survey collected online in the following areas.
- Background information - age, address, school, other factors limiting exercise (work, socioeconomic?)
- Physical Activity levels
- Physical Activity type - school, recreational, communting, sport, other incidental
- focus on adolescent activities - e.g. sport, cycling, walking, running, skateboarding, climbing, other alternative sports
- Physical Activity whereabouts if possible
- awareness of facilities, physical activity opportunities and sporting/recreational organisations
- Attitudes - factors affecting physical activity (usual), perceived transfer across to other recreational activities, perceived distance travelled, or would travel.
Canberra Facilities Resource 
- Map physical activity facilities on to google map. Include: green spaces, playing fields, courts, bike paths, gyms, etc. Use Google map maker (Youtube demo video).
- cross check survey results (home address/school) with facility location(s) - distance from...
- UCNISS house it through a Google iframe. Marry with the ACT sport and recreation directory project
- Evaluate the impact of facilities (taking away, adding)
- levaluate the potential cross over to other activities (worthiness of community supporting niche activities)
- evaluate the impact of creating the resource on behaviour