Jet engines, airplanes, helicopters, car racing enthusiasts, wind generation, electricity generation, turbo chargers, vacuum cleaners, air compressors, and wind mills all involve turbines. Yet few know anything about them. A theory of operation; small, safe, models; and mechanism for testing them (video) is needed.
- Demonstrate how turbines of various sorts work and where they are used. Inspiring video.
- Develop compressed air driven models of various turbine engines.
Start with a jet-engine model found on Thingiverse.
- develop theory of operation of helicopter engine by adding titles to the old helicopter turbine project
- review cabin fever implementation
- add clear shroud and compressed air to turbine and troubleshoot
- design helicopter instead of jet turbine