Critical psychology is a branch of psychology that is aimed at critiquing mainstream psychology and attempts to apply psychology in more progressive ways, often looking towards social change as a means of preventing and treating psychopathology. One of Critical Psychology's main criticisms of conventional psychology is how it fails to consider or deliberately ignores the way power differences between social classes and groups can impact the mental and physical well-being of individuals or groups of people.
- Is psychiatry pseudo science?
- How do psychological professionals engage in oppression mental patients?
- Is psychiatric coercion and force justified?
- Topic:Critical psychology
- Nerd Project
- Psychiatric Liberation
- Szaszian studies
- Topic:Critical pedagogy
- Topic:Community psychology
- Should suicide be legal?