Space and Global Health/One Health - One Health
Basic elements are derived on the representation of Dr. Pascal Michel at WHO-UNOOSA event "Strengthening Space Cooperation for Global Health". Contributions of Earth Observation to Public Helath Practices.
- One Earth: We only have One Earth we have to care for it (Global Challenges).
- One Health: Combine Environmental Health and Public Health
Strengthening Space and Global Health on the organisational level could incorporate interlink:
- (Canada) Canadian Space Agency (CSA) and Public Health Agency Canada (PHAC)
- (USA) NASA and Centre of Disease Control (CDC)
- Environmental Health/Science and Public Health Institutes
Prediction of Health Risk:
- Satellite Earth Observation for detection environmental parameter that trigger abundance of vectors and trigger preventive meassures of public health agencies (e.g. Mosquitos need certain environmental conditions, perform spatial risk managemenrt
- Vulnerable human population
- Mosquito born disease,
- Respiratory Diseases
- Earth Observation (EO)
- Telecommunication (support tele-medicine, disaster medicine support,...)
- Interoperability (bridging the gap between Global Health objectives and Space Technology towards mobile devices as decision support client.