R (programming language)
R is a
- powerful, free and open source, cross-platform, statistical and graphing software package;
- programming language;
- software environment for statistical computing.
Downloading R[edit | edit source]
Visit the R Project home page.
Integrated development environments for R[edit | edit source]
Both RStudio and Jupyter are free and open-source software, but RStudio is developed and maintained by a commercial enterprise that offers paid support options.
RStudio in the cloud[edit | edit source]
There are web-based portals for RStudio, including the following:
Tutorials[edit | edit source]
There are many well developed and maintained R tutorials on the web, e.g., http://www.cyclismo.org/tutorial/R
- Installation process
Books that are Helpful When Learning R[edit | edit source]
- An R Companion for Applied Regression (2nd ed.) - ISBN 141297514X
- An Introduction to R, by W. N. Venables, D. M. Smith, and the R Development Core Team (PDF)
- R in Action - ISBN 1935182390
- Efficient programming in R .
- Advanced R by Hadley Wickham
See also[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia: R (programming language)
- Wikibooks:R Programming
- Searching R Packages: A discussion of current search capabilities, inviting readers to help draft a proposal for improvements that might be funded, e.g., by the R Foundation.
[edit | edit source]
- R (Official site)
- R archive (Manuals, downloads, etc.)
- R wiki
- R mailing lists - R-help - R-teaching - Posting guide
- Using R for psychological research: A simple guide to an elegant package
- Guide to R for Analysts
- Programming R
- R Bloggers
- R Tutorial
Books[edit | edit source]
- Books on R and S - list
- Shravan Vasishth and Michael Broe - The foundations of statistics: A simulation-based approach - draft
- Benjamin M. Bolker - Ecological Models and Data in R
- R Development Core Team - R Language Definition - (aka `R Language Manual'), the basics of R, draft, 60 pages
- R manuals, tutorials and samples - fairly large number of documentation available/downloadable for free, also non-English learning materials
- "7 of the Best Free Graphical User Interfaces for R". linuxlinks.com. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "List of R Editors". r-dir. Retrieved 2018-08-07.
- Yihui Xie; Joseph J. Allaire; Garrett Grolemund (2019), R Markdown: The Definitive Guide, Chapman and Hall, Wikidata Q76441281.
- RStudio Cloud, Wikidata Q100799903.
- RStudio Server Pro for AWS, Wikidata Q100800280.
- "Speeding Up Ecological and Evolutionary Computations in R; Essentials of High Performance Computing for Biologists". PLOS Computational Biology 11 (3): e1004140. 2015. doi:10.1371/journal.pcbi.1004140. ISSN 1553-7358.