Engineering Projects/Model boat/Howard Community College/fall2011/502 bottle
Problem Statement[edit | edit source]
- Do not know which material to utilize for the boat's mechanics on the exterior
- Need to determine the quantity in which is needed to construct a prototype of the model boat.
- Find best hull design
- Found several potential motors and electronic control systems.
Team Members[edit | edit source]
Put each team members name here with links to their personal page here. Real names do not have to be used.
Summary[edit | edit source]
we tried our best but half of our teammates didnt show up
- Week 1: Brainstorm ideas for the model boat. Understand the objective and assign jobs
- Week 2: Find the materials that we need and find what else we need
- Week 3: Try to start building the boat with a bottle.
- Week 4: Continue with the building and potential motors in engineering room
- Week 5: Teammates who had all the materials and information never came to class.
Poster[edit | edit source]
Put a graphic in wikimedia, include the graphic here or link to it here. The graphic should be suitable for creating a traditional project poster.
Story[edit | edit source]
Throughout these four weeks we have gotten a good amount of work done on our model boat. I mainly worked on the actual making of the model boat while timothy, my partner, worked on to find out what material would work best for the design. many of the obstacles were still trying to create was finding which material would go with the hull design and to see it would float, cut through the water, and strong enough so there wont be a hole or any type of damage. In order to try to find the perfect design and right material we had to many experiments but we didn't have much time and it was basically 2 people working on it.
Decision List[edit | edit source]
We seen several videos and pictures of differnt boats and most of them used a plastic or a wood type design. We decided to use plastic since its a better method and we used plastic soda bottles because of it's shape.
Material List[edit | edit source]
Bottles Engines Computer Pictures of different designs
Software List[edit | edit source]
Computer and motor is a small DC powered spinning motor.
Time[edit | edit source]
4 hours brainstorming 2 hours fr finding best hull design 2 hours working on the engine = 8 hours total estimate (wasn't sure how much each group member worked)
Tutorials[edit | edit source]
Most projects consist of making instructions to jump start the next team, shrink the learning of tools and software to the minimum, advice on where to purchase materials, how to assemble, etc. Tutorials modified or created are described here with links.
Next Steps[edit | edit source]
We didn't have all our teammates so Dammy and timothy decided to move to a different project.