Lesson 2:Evolution of the Universe down to biological evolution
In this lesson you will get an overview of the process that were involved in Universal evolution. We will start of with the Universe then the evolution of the Milky Way, the planets with a focus on the Earth and its process to biological evolution.
In w:Theoretical physics and w:observational cosmology the description of what makes up the Universe is in order to clarify terminology by w:George Ellis, U. Kirchner and W.R. Stoeger recommend using the following terms:
- w:the Universe for the theoretical model of all of the connected space-time in which we live.
- w:universe domain for the observable universe or a similar part of the same space-time.
- w:universe for a general space-time (either our own Universe or another one disconnected from our own),
- w:multiverse for a w:set of disconnected space-times.
- w:multi-domain universe to refer to a model of the whole of a single connected space-time in the sense of w:chaotic inflation models.
- 1- Evolution of the Universe, the Solar System and the Earth.
- 2- Geology structure and chemistry of the Earth.
- 3- Dating using relative and absolute scales.
- 4- Plate tectonics and the structure of the Earth's crust.
- 5- Rock and minerals formations includes igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks and processes.
- 6- Evolution of life
- 7- Atmosphereic and oceanic formation on the Earth and other planets during geological time.
- 8- Geology and the environment.