Overview of Jurassic Period
The Jurassic Period takes place after the Triassic Period and before the Cretaceous Period. This period is well known for the reign of the dinosaurs of its time and the global tropical landscape. The name Jurassic comes from the Jura Mountains located in Europe, near the border of France and Switzerland.
The Jurassic Period can be divided into three epochs:
- Lias (200-180 million years ago)
- Dogger (180-154 million years ago)
- Malm (154-145 million years ago)
- EnchantedLearning. "Jurassic Period - ZoomDinosaurs.com". 2010. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/dinosaurs/mesozoic/Jurassic.html
- EnchantedLearning. "Jurassic Period - ZoomDinosaurs.com". 2010. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/dinosaurs/mesozoic/jurassic/