|This resource is part of the History of Europe to 1648 course|
Time estimation for the completion of the required material in this section.
- Lecture = 30 min.
- Required Reading & Review Questions = 40-50 min.
- Test Yourself Questions = 30-40 min.
- The Old Kingdom (2700-2134 B.C.)
- The Middle Kingdon (2134-1640 B.C.)
- The New Kingdom (1640-1070 B.C.)
- Egypt in Decline (1070-525 B.C.)
- Society and Economy
- Language, Script, Writing and Literature
- The Egyptian Religion
- The Sciences in Ancient Egypt
- Art and Architecture
- Outline the poltical situation during the Old Kingdom.
- What was life like in the New Kingdom period.
- Describe the administrative structure.
- Describe the social structure.
- Describe agriculture.
- What were the hyreroglyphics?
- Who were Osiris, Isis, Horus, and Ra
- What is mummification?
Test Yourself Questions
- Pharaoh Khufu/Cheops
- Pharaoh Tutankhamun
- Pharaoh Ramesses II
- Ancient Egyptian religion
- Ancient Egyptian medicine
- Giza pyramid complex