Typing is the process of writing or inputting text by pressing keys on a typewriter, keyboard, cell phone, or a calculator. It can be distinguished from other means of text input, such as handwriting and speech recognition.
Learners should practice typing for fifteen minutes each day until their typing speed is at least 30 - 40 words per minute.
- GCFLearnFree.org: Typing Tutorial
- DigitalLearn.org: Getting Started on the Computer - the Keyboard
- TypingTest.com - One-minute typing test
- FreeTypingGame.net - Free lessons, tests, and games
- Typing Study - Free online touch typing lessons, speed tests, typing games
- Sense Lang - Online touch typing lessons
- nlkt - A keyboard trainer
- Klavaro - A free touch typing tutor for multiple platforms