Graphic design is the study about the layout of media elements, such as images and text in publication, design wraps, websites, or in display in devices (including large TV etc.). There are a number of elements to graphic design, including design principles, image manipulation, graphic creation, and typographic skills.
Fields of Study 
- Poster design
- Book design
- Brochure design
- Web design
"How do I do..."
- Logos: The current Wikiversity logo contest has produced some quite interesting and complex logos (see full archive). But how were they produced? Using what software? Could someone talk us through how to make a logo? Thanks. Cormaggio 11:45, 7 October 2006 (UTC) (I have Adobe Photoshop 7.0, but it might be an idea to use free software - or perhaps simply give a generic outline of how to create and transform obects..)
Users for this site 
Please list yourself and your area of interest/expertise here
- Liz Shelly, Student, University of Cincinnati, College: DAAP, Major: Graphic Design, Class of 2012. As of 2010: TA for freshmen digital foundations, in 3rd yr of 5 yr of program, freelance designer and has some experience in field.* Myles Ludwig, Chairman, the Multimedia Journalism program, Acting Chairman, the Graphic Design and Visual Communication Program at Lynn University, Boca Raton, Florida and international award winning magazine publisher, writer,art director, photojournalist and author
- Cormaggio - studied photography and did some graphic design work as part of that - have forgotten most of my then skills, so am interested in reviving them.
- Dansblv - in my final year of a four year joint Honours Bachelor of Design Program at York University and Sheridan College, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Einschlafen - Studied Graphic Design at the University of Tennesse, Knoxville, and currently working in New York City as a freelance designer.
- bangs - Studied photography and film, am making a major career transition into the graphic arts, currently in New York City, still learning the ropes! Any advice you have is well appreciated.
- rpaape - Not and expert in anything. I've messed around with photography but I'm truly interested in 3-D Rendering.
- alphin - I love to draw since my 7 years, just my love to graphic design that makes me join, ..no .., i'm not that smart yet, however i LOVE photo/image-editing, and vectorizing so much... just asks (because i hope I can help you always). now i'm working as Head of Creative Department, InLAC-Indonesia.
- Leah - Growing up in a family of artists I've always loved the opportunity to create. I enjoy working with computers. I took a class in Photoshop and found myself getting lost in the work for hours upon hours. That, to me seems like the best way to work, where you don't feel like you're working. I'd love to learn more.
- Germán Scully - Like Leah I grew up in a family of artists, was drawing a lot when I was a kid. I did some photography in college but abandoned it for web development. I'm mostly interested in Typography and Illustration. I love art, design and I'm passionate about instructed criticism both for someone elses work and mine own.
- Chocoman - My dad was a graphic designer for computers.
- vaidehipatil Currently studying graphic design, National Institute of Design, India. Interested in writing systems, scripts, typography..
- Trebawa - I've always been interested in 3D graphics, and I've fooled around with Blender a bit. I've never really tried to draw or paint, but I think I could learn. I also enjoy photography.
kelob-just passing by and hoping that i could make a little comment...I JUST LOVE WIKIPEDIA!!!!!!!!
- Lu'ay,a teacher, studied history and culture at Sunan Kalijaga Islamic Institute,Yogyakarta, Indonesia. I love art, including graphic design...I want to learn more about it... Thanksfor Wikipedia!
- skrido - I want to learn how to use Photoshop and Cinema 4d well and combine stuff I do in one with the other.
- DM2088 - I am interested to rehash practical skills and accrue a deeper understanding about "new media"