School:Language and Literature
WELCOME TO THE SCHOOL OF
LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
PART OF THE FACULTY FOR HUMANITIES.
Hello and welcome to the Wikiversity School of Language and Literature. Here we share our knowledge of methods and ways of writing poetry and prose, and learn non US-English languages and explore their cultures, too. We also discuss many works of literature and literary epochs they belong to, as well as their historical development and the main characteristics by which they can be recognized.
School history 
The School of Literature and English Studies was founded within the Wikiversity's Department of Humanities on 15 July 2004, in the time when Wikiversity was still part of the Wikibooks project. Eventually, it became one of the most developed of Wikiversity's schools.
On 30 March 2005, the School of Foreign Language Learning was founded within the Department of Practical Arts and Sciences, though it failed to organize or function adequately.
Soon after the Wikiversity became a separate Wikimedia project, these two schools were merged together, creating the School of Language and Literature, as part of the Faculty of Humanities.
School bulletin board 
- We are always looking for contributors to our school--please see our list of projects if you're looking for a place to start! Signed, Trinity507
Notice of New Resources 
- The School of Language and Literature library was founded February 21st, 2009.
- The School of Language and Literature resource catalog is complete and ready for use as of March 18 2009. Please list any new resources created in this department there. Thanks!
- Organize all resources of the School of Language and Literature onto their own "category" page--see also School of Language and Literature resource catalog.
- The School of Language and Literature library is looking for librarians to improve and organize resources.
Departments and divisions 
English Departments and Resources 
- English Language
- English Language Reference Desk
- English language and literature for teens
- Writing center
- Literary studies department
- Tolkien Studies
Foreign language learning departments 
see also School of Linguistics
- Foreign Language Learning center
- Æzu’ä language department invented language currently being produced for a currently untitled amateur film
- Arabic language department
- Aymara language department part of the South American Languages Division
- Breton language department part of the Brythonic Celtic Languages Division
- Chinese language department
- Cornish language department part of the Brythonic Celtic Languages Division
- Farsi language department
- French language department
- Georgian language
- German language department
- Interlingua language department
- Italian language department
- Japanese language department
- Klingon language department language invented for Star Trek by Marc Okrand
- Korean language department
- Modern Hebrew Department part of the Hebrew Language Division
- Learning Norwegian part of the Topic:Norwegian, Norwegian language department
- Novial language department constructed international auxiliary language
- Portuguese language department
- Quechua language department part of the South American Languages Division
- Southeast Asian language department
- Spanish language department
- Swahili language department
- Swedish language department
- Tolkien language department languages invented by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Turkish language department
all of our potentially valuable but empty, underdeveloped or nonexistent pages
- Department of Germanic Studies (under major construction)
- American poetry
- British novel
- History of literature
- Perfecting the English language as a first language
Catalogs and directories 
See also 
- School of Linguistics
- School of Classics
- Humanities Portal
- Social Sciences Portal
- Wikiversity's Writing Center
- Public Domain AudioBooks developed for listening and dictation online Listening and the practice of foreign language.