- This is a very simple scene to edit. But this scene will not be believable without a huge number of sound effects which are mostly background sound of a hospital.
- Also, music is needed to make the scene more easy for the audience to accept.
- The location
- This story takes place in a large hospital.
- The characters
- The lady who is reading the magazine is a patient. The mute person is the doctor.
- The story
- This scene is from an educational afternoon TV special. This special TV movie explains about hormones of the human body.
- The lady did not feel normal so she went to the hospital. They took many tests. Now the lady waits for the results of the tests to find out what is wrong with her.
- To keep herself happy, the lady reads magazines which show pictures of very beautiful young women. The lady wonders what she would look like if she were young again.
- When the doctor enters the room, the lady jokes with the doctor that she would like to have the body of the young and beautiful women in the magazine. The doctor (and the audience) does not find this funny but this emphasizes the lady's worries about getting old.
- The doctor cannot speak so the doctor gives the lady a note pad with the name of the problem that the lady has. The lady reads the note which only says, "Menopause". This means that the lady's horemones have changes now that she is getting older. That was why the lady felt sick.
- The doctor tries to comfort the lady with a back rub. The lady remains embarased and unhappy.
- The challenge
- The story is very simple but the emotions are not. The subject of the story is not appealing to the audience. You must use music (and editing) to make the scene seem warm and friendly. That is not going to be easy.
Edit this scene
- Order the disk
- Order the disk from the Star Movie Shop. Remember, if you have earned enough points at the Wikiversity Film School, the disk is free. If you do not have enough points, the Star Movie Shop will accept PayPal. To contact the Star Movie Shop, you simply click here.
- The Overview Movie
- For most scenes, you look at the overview movies. This scene is so short, there is no point in having a overview movie. Instead, you look at the two good shots and the two rejected shots.
- Transfer the dailies
- Copy all the film dailies to your hard drive. If necessary, convert the dailies to whatever format your editing program prefers. Import them into your editing program.
- Write the music
- You have to decide what emotions you want to create and you must create musical sound effects which create these moods.
Edit the scene
- Finally you edit the picture to match the timing of your music.
- Submit your finished scene
- This scene is worth 10 points for the scene and a possible 36 points for the music. Email me when you are finished.