Ozzie10aaaa (discuss • contribs) 19:58, 7 August 2016 (UTC)
- Mikael Häggström knowing reviewers cant author papers, however below have put together a suggestion that you may accept/decline (or consider for later) for anyone who might be interested, hoping this is helpful for the journal, thank you--Ozzie10aaaa (discuss • contribs) 15:03, 8 August 2016 (UTC)
- suggestion among possible topics for future issues,could be a literature review which looks at 1.pathophysiological mechanism aspects of the Ebola virus disease that might make it susceptible to certain treatments, and 2. the efficacy of ZMapp to treat the Ebola virus disease based on current secondary (and other sources if needed) references.
- sample reference for question 1
- Falasca, L; Agrati, C; Petrosillo, N; Di Caro, A; Capobianchi, M R; Ippolito, G; Piacentini, M (1 August 2015). "Molecular mechanisms of Ebola virus pathogenesis: focus on cell death". Cell Death and Differentiation 22 (8): 1250–1259. doi:10.1038/cdd.2015.67. ISSN 1350-9047. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4495366/. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- Lee, Jeffrey E; Saphire, Erica Ollmann (1 January 2009). "Ebolavirus glycoprotein structure and mechanism of entry". Future virology 4 (6): 621–635. doi:10.2217/fvl.09.56. ISSN 1746-0794. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2829775/. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- Lai, Kang Yiu; Ng, Wing Yiu George; Cheng, Fan Fanny (28 November 2014). "Human Ebola virus infection in West Africa: a review of available therapeutic agents that target different steps of the life cycle of Ebola virus". Infectious Diseases of Poverty 3. doi:10.1186/2049-9957-3-43. ISSN 2049-9957. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4334593/. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- Sullivan, Nancy; Yang, Zhi-Yong; Nabel, Gary J. (15 September 2003). "Ebola Virus Pathogenesis: Implications for Vaccines and Therapies". Journal of Virology 77 (18): 9733–9737. doi:10.1128/JVI.77.18.9733-9737.2003. ISSN 0022-538X. http://jvi.asm.org/content/77/18/9733.full. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- Mahanty, Siddhartha; Bray, Mike (August 2004). "Pathogenesis of filoviral haemorrhagic fevers". The Lancet Infectious Diseases 4 (8): 487–498. doi:10.1016/S1473-3099(04)01103-X. http://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(04)01103-X/fulltext. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- sample references for question 2
- Davidson, Edgar; Bryan, Christopher; Fong, Rachel H.; Barnes, Trevor; Pfaff, Jennifer M.; Mabila, Manu; Rucker, Joseph B.; Doranz, Benjamin J. (26 August 2015). "Mechanism of Binding to Ebola Virus Glycoprotein by the ZMapp, ZMAb, and MB-003 Cocktail Antibodies". Journal of Virology 89 (21): 10982–10992. doi:10.1128/JVI.01490-15. ISSN 0022-538X. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4621129/. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- Madelain, Vincent; Nguyen, Thi Huyen Tram; Olivo, Anaelle; Lamballerie, Xavier de; Guedj, Jérémie; Taburet, Anne-Marie; Mentré, France (21 January 2016). "Ebola Virus Infection: Review of the Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Properties of Drugs Considered for Testing in Human Efficacy Trials". Clinical Pharmacokinetics 55 (8): 907–923. doi:10.1007/s40262-015-0364-1. ISSN 0312-5963. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs40262-015-0364-1. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- Beeching, Nicholas J.; Fenech, Manuel; Houlihan, Catherine F. (10 December 2014). "Ebola virus disease". BMJ 349: g7348. doi:10.1136/bmj.g7348. ISSN 1756-1833. http://www.bmj.com/content/349/bmj.g7348. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- Tran, Erin E. H.; Nelson, Elizabeth A.; Bonagiri, Pranay; Simmons, James A.; Shoemaker, Charles J.; Schmaljohn, Connie S.; Kobinger, Gary P.; Zeitlin, Larry et al. (8 June 2016). "Mapping of Ebolavirus Neutralization by Monoclonal Antibodies in the ZMapp Cocktail Using Cryo-Electron Tomography and Studies of Cellular Entry". Journal of Virology: JVI.00406–16. doi:10.1128/JVI.00406-16. ISSN 0022-538X. http://jvi.asm.org/content/early/2016/06/02/JVI.00406-16.long. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- Qiu, Xiangguo; Wong, Gary; Audet, Jonathan; Bello, Alexander; Fernando, Lisa; Alimonti, Judie B.; Fausther-Bovendo, Hugues; Wei, Haiyan et al. (29 August 2014). "Reversion of advanced Ebola virus disease in nonhuman primates with ZMapp". Nature advance online publication. doi:10.1038/nature13777. ISSN 1476-4687. http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vnfv/ncurrent/full/nature13777.html.
Thanks for the suggestions! It is inadvisable (but not impossible) to submit a work as a participant of the journal (see Publishing#Participants in the journal). You could also try contacting and inviting people who you may think are interested in authoring such a work. Mikael Häggström (discuss • contribs) 15:41, 8 August 2016 (UTC)
- thank you(update)
- Talk:WikiJournal of Medicine/2016#Publishing Wikipedia articles
new name/user group status[edit source]
Credentials for peer reviewing an article on genetics[edit source]
WikiJournal of Medicine now has a submission about genetics. If you'd be interested in peer reviewing it, I first want you to provide some credentials of your expertise in molecular biology, such as a link to a reliable webpage, or copies of certification documents. You may email it to editor.in.chiefwijoumed.org, and I will then keep it confidential.
Mikael Häggström (discuss • contribs) 21:02, 16 November 2016 (UTC)
- Mikael Häggström per  this month has gone ~1600 edits to ~380 (RL work increased/time of year...as you know I've been signed on since 7 August)...im very grateful for the opportunity to do a proper review, due to the aforementioned reason, I will have to pass. I would guess the last week of December things will slow down again, and I hope I can be afforded another opportunity. Thank you again--Ozzie10aaaa (discuss • contribs) 01:50, 17 November 2016 (UTC)
- Very well. I will let you know if there is a fitting submission next year then. Mikael Häggström (discuss • contribs) 08:30, 17 November 2016 (UTC)
- postscript am interested in 2-4 reviews per yr.(if possible)
Article on Rotavirus/(response: Not sure )[edit source]
We now have a submission on Rotavirus. Could you peer review this one?
Mikael Häggström (discuss • contribs) 19:19, 12 April 2017 (UTC)
- will look at article and consider(will inform you should I have the time/email you needed Peer reviewer cred.)thank you--Ozzie10aaaa (discuss • contribs) 19:41, 12 April 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for your consideration! We now have one peer review, and we'd like the second one to be from someone outside the Wikiversity project, so you can help by being a peer review coordinator for this purpose when you have the time. Mikael Häggström (discuss • contribs) 18:10, 16 April 2017 (UTC)
(see new name subsection)
Criteria for inclusion
Article on Pitfalls in Global Response to COVID-19 and its Impact on Global Health commented Done(editorial comments)