Archived Talk from Wikiversity is User_talk:Geofferybard/Archive.
You may wish to read the [w:Edit notice] on my Wikipedia Talk Page here...note the Pyramid of Communication!
Edit Notice from WP
Bienvenue - Willkommen - Bienvenidos - Dobrodošli - Welcome - Добро пожаловать - 歡迎 Thank you for visiting,MaintenanceBot, your insights will be much appreciated. Please remain w:mindful of our common goals of sharing the benefits of collaborative media and advancing intelligence for the benefit of w:all sentient beings... If you have an issue with which we are not yet harmonized, please bear in mind the following point based upon w:Getting to Yes:
- Separate the people from the problem
- Focus on Interests, Not Positions
- Invent Options for Mutual Gain
- Use Objective criteria.
I like the idea of your course being practical and based on case studies. You could have two tracks - for those with access to a textbook and those who don't. Ideally (from an open education point of view), the book content could eventually be available at someplace like Wikibooks. This is a long-term ambition for me - I'm still significantly reliant on commercial textbooks, but I am also teaching on-campus students who access the textbooks through the bookshop or the library. -- Jtneill - Talk - c 04:12, 16 February 2011 (UTC)
Help! Music needs overhaul
and others I will collate them here!Geofferybard 19:52, 9 July 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for answering my plea and for your thoughtful edits. Please note the changes and add yourself to faculty list if you would please so do. I love the Blake quote and know that we will probably be on the same wavelength because Blake is IMHO sacred. !Geofferybard 02:35, 11 July 2011 (UTC)
Hello, I am new here and I am writing in response to your comment on the page " the Split of music and dance schools"
( Response )
Perhaps music and dance are simply expressions originating from the human capability of recognizing and creating Melody. Both of these schools could be in the criteria for "The School of Melodic Expression". It is a distillation of complicated matters, simplifying them into the core essence of their origination, which is the facultys of human intelligence. (ie.. Music and Dance are expressions of Human Melodic capabilities and Creation. )
Kind Regards, Feed back welcomed Gaon Yincang Abhinava 15:18, 23 July 2011 (UTC) 15:24, 22 July 2011 (UTC) 7/22/2011 10:11am
- Well yeah maybe sort of yes but really it is not so terrible the way it is. The idea in traditional music is not to get too novel. To stay true to the ancients. Not sure don't know, I was looking at this combination of music and dance and starting to wonder if the existing title is so bad:
Nice to see you working on that article
I'd love to see us develop an overall intro to musical instruments and eras/types of music over time. There is also this Musopen introduction to music that you can draw from. [NTS: this deserves a WV entry!] –SJ+> 04:55, 13 July 2011 (UTC)
Might you find the time to help create a research project on Documenting crony capitalism? I hope to build this into a platform for crowdsourcing research and investigative journalism on crony capitalism. I have two specific questions at the moment:
- What categories (and topics?) would you suggest I create to facilitate this?
- More generally, how would you suggest we organize different instances of this general issue? For example, suppose we want to study "immigrant rights in California". An article by that title might be created with a category of "crony capitalism" or "documenting crony capitalism". The article would include a brainstormed list of individuals and organizations concerned about this issue along with estimates of how much money they've spent each year on political campaign contributions and lobbying plus advertising and what they have wanted and have received from government in the past with an estimate of the dollar value and return on investment (ROI) of those governmental decisions.
Welcome template produces this: