EduWiki Conference, September 2012[edit source]
The Signpost[edit source]
If you would like The Signpost delivered to your talk page, this is possible on Wikiversity. You need to add your name here. I think they would be interested in reporting your project when you launch it. Leutha (talk) 10:57, 9 September 2012 (UTC)
I've read today some of the pages of Portal:The Science Behind Parkinson's and like what I see. So, I wanted to say a short hello. I'm not sure if you saw my reply in the --Suilven (talk) 16:58, 8 October 2012 (UTC)colloquium already (It was late and if I did not answer your questions good enough, ping me, I'll help you more with your project). ----Erkan Yilmaz uses the Wikiversity:Chat + Identi.ca 16:07, 10 September 2012 (UTC)
The Science Behind Parkinson's learning project[edit source]
On this subpage is a version of emails we have been sending out publicising this project and appealing for contributors. We need people to contribute material to make this project a success.
If you are a wikipedia or wikiversity editor and have an appropriate background, please consider helping develop this project.
Parkinson's UK Wikipedia training[edit source]
Hi, I thought you might be interested in this:Parkinson's UK Wikipedia training
- Where?: IT training room in Tuition House, 210 Borough High Street, London SE1 1JX
- When?: Thursday 11 October 2012, 10am-4pm
- I think it would be great if we could make some kind of link up - or perhaps you are already involved? Leutha (talk) 12:09, 17 September 2012 (UTC)
New user Suilven[edit source]
My apologies for breaking the format - I'm new to this and don't really know what I'm doing yet. All help most welcome. I just tried to correct a minor grammatical error and wasn't sure how to to "sign" my changes! Suilven (talk) 16:58, 8 October 2012 (UTC)
English Wikipedia[edit source]
PDHitCounter Template[edit source]
It seemed to stopped working, so I changed it to latest 30 days. I think its a useful template. I didn't understand your question. Were you suggesting a different template, this template for general purpose, or one with a generic name? This one does a good job as a generic hit counter. I think the hit counter stopped working again for all wiki projects. Sidelight12 Talk 01:41, 4 January 2013 (UTC)
- That was a good correction to the template. I was wondering if you were intending on keeping two separate edit counters, or one. - Sidelight12 Talk 04:42, 6 January 2013 (UTC)
Disruptive editing[edit source]
Thanks for alerting me. I've made these changes:
- Portal:The Science Behind Parkinson's/Things you can do has been semi-protected for one month.
- User:Domtheo has been blocked for editing for one month for disruptive editing.
your whitelisting request[edit source]
permanent link. I apologize on behalf of the Wikiversity community for the long delay in granting this reasonable request. As you can see, there was a problem. Basically, nobody showed up who knew how to handle the request. I remedied that, on the face, except that, then, apparently nobody was continuing to pay attention to the request, so I just created a new subsection that may get custodian attention. If not, you may start pinging specific custodians, or, if asked, I may do this to support you.
Meanwhile, you can add any link to a resource by omitting the http:// prefix. It is not then a "link" and the blacklist will not prevent it from being added. Users can copy and paste this into their browser bar, and most browsers will then supply the http text.
Blacklisting globally does not establish a presumption that a link is improper. It sometimes happens when a single user adds many links quickly, or sometimes even only a few. I have seen totally legitimate sites blacklisted, when every link added was actually proper for the article, and I've seen that blacklisting continue for years. Wikiversity, in addition, is far more tolerant than, say, Wikipedia, about the appropriateness of links. Exactly where and how a page is linked is another matter, and occasionally we see debate over it. But your request was clearly approved, simply not implemented. --Abd (discuss • contribs) 15:09, 10 October 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks, Abd, for your assistance with this. The viartis web site is now accepted. Droflet (discuss • contribs) 16:13, 10 October 2013 (UTC)
- I see it was promptly done. Thanks for your patience, Droflet, and thanks to Dave for doing it. --Abd (discuss • contribs) 16:34, 10 October 2013 (UTC)