This user is busy in real life and may not respond swiftly to queries.
- 1 User SUL Box
- 2 Thank you for your service to Wikiversity
- 3 Welcome back
- 4 Welcome back, again
- 5 Licensing
- 6 Recovery of "File:Rheological Material3.png "
- 7 Draubb's request for custodianship opens on June 4, 2013
- 8 greetings how do i link MyMobileUniversity to Wikiversity
- 9 Your administrator status on the English Wikivoyage
- 10 Networking lenovo G400 leptop from the start
User SUL Box
I see that you merged the SUL user box templates. Take a look at the inclusion on User:Mu301. I have selected en-wv as my "home" project but the included "Wikiversity" appears as a redlink. --mikeu talk 19:08, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry about that, I was aware some changes needed to be made but made the mistake of thinking I'd do it a little later and inevitably forgot. It should hopefully be okay now. On an unrelated issue with the template, I note some users using that template have links to languages where there isn't an appropriate language icon template on WV. Perhaps you could import Template:De icon and Template:Ja icon from WP? Those seem to be two which are missing at the moment. Adambro 19:47, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
Thank you for your service to Wikiversity
Adambro, I noticed your resignations on meta the other day, but I was travelling and it was inconvenient to message you. I want to thank you for your service to Wikiversity, and hope that you will always feel welcome here, and, since you resigned without a "cloud," you may always request the sysop bit be restored without fuss, assuming our policy remains the same. While we did not always agree, I never doubted your intention of service and saw that you were willing to accept community consensus even when you differed with it. Good luck in whatever you do. --Abd 06:14, 15 December 2010 (UTC)
I hope you stick around for a while! It can take a little patience to deal with Wikiversity, sometimes -- or a lot! -- but ... the reward of patience is patience. --Abd 21:05, 12 January 2011 (UTC)
Welcome back, again
- Thanks, I'll be careful. Adambro 22:27, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
I think I got an answer to the licensing questions we've had. Take a look at my recent contributions on Wikipedia here and here. If you have a moment can we talk about what we should decide to do next on Wikiversity? --HappyCamper 17:55, 26 January 2012 (UTC)
- I think we may be making some progress here but I don't think it's job done just yet. That someone could choose to release an image under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 3.0 and the Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike 3.0 licence has never been disputed. The question has more being to do with the logic behind doing so, the problem of it creating confusion, and whether the uploader understood that it is absolutely pointless to have CC-BY-NC-SA alongside CC-BY-SA since the non-commercial restriction of CC-BY-NC-SA is made ineffective by the CC-BY-SA licence.
- I personally think we should be discouraging this particular confusing dual licence situation. A core part of the various WMF projects is to provide content that can be reused and so the introduction of doubt as to the licensing of files is a significant problem. Adambro 13:44, 27 January 2012 (UTC)
Recovery of "File:Rheological Material3.png "
You have removed the file "File:Rheological Material3.png"
due to copyright issues.
It is our own work. Could you please recover it, so that I can add the copyright information.
Draubb's request for custodianship opens on June 4, 2013
Hello Adambro, I have sent emails to all the users I can to say that Wikiversity:Candidates for Custodianship/Draubb (2) will open in June 14, 2013. Thank you. --Draubb (discuss • contribs) 21:04, 29 May 2013 (UTC)
Greetings, my name is Rani Wemel and am the co-founder of MyMobileUniversiy a global initiative to impact lives through education. It is a free learning platform and suitable for all ages and all disciplines. Our website is www.MyMobileUni.com and we aggregate content that is FREE on the internet and cover academic, lifestyle and lifelong learning.
Hope you will find a few moments to check out our website and if it is possible to put a link here...it will be really great as we can impact more lives together through education :)
Take care...have a lovely day always :) Rani Wemel email : founders@MyMobileUni.com mobile : +60192070510
Your administrator status on the English Wikivoyage
Hello. A policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc.) was adopted by community consensus in 2013. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing activity on wikis with no inactivity policy.
You meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for 2 years) on the wiki listed above. Since that wiki does not have its own rights review process, the global one applies.
If you want to keep your rights, you should inform the community of the wiki about the fact that the stewards have sent you this information about your inactivity. If the community has a discussion about it and then wants you to keep your rights, please contact the stewards at m:Stewards' noticeboard, and link to the discussion of the local community, where they express their wish to continue to maintain the rights.
If you wish to resign your rights, you can reply here or request removal of your rights on Meta.
If there is no response at all after approximately one month, stewards will proceed to remove your administrator and/or bureaucrat rights. In ambiguous cases, stewards will evaluate the responses and will refer a decision back to the local community for their comment and review. If you have any questions, please contact the stewards. Rschen7754 06:11, 14 January 2015 (UTC)
Networking lenovo G400 leptop from the start
I am struggling to network my brand new laptop.can i be helped connecting using mecer HPSA Modem (3.75 G)