I am a third year psychology student at UC, currently enrolled in Motivation and Emotion. I recently climbed off the corporate treadmill and am loving life as a uni student. I have two kids, a border collie, and volunteer at Lifeline and Positive Minds.
I am working on the awe and well-being book chapter. I chose this topic because awe has played a big part in my own life - especially my love of travel, music, reading, and the great outdoors. Many of my most memorable experiences involve feelings of awe, though I'd never connected them before researching this chapter :)
I would love to hear your feedback and suggestions for improvement - please post on the chapter talk page.
And please send me a message on my user talk page if you would like any feedback/editing etc on your chapter.
I have made the following contributions:
- 00:38, 11 August 2017: Direct edit to "Awe as an emotion" (Book Chapter, 2016) - fixed grammar and in-text referencing errors
- 23:11, 15 August 2017: Provided link to news article for "Social movement motivation" (Book Chapter, 2017)
- 14:35, 18 August 2017: Provided journal article - review of IPV perpetration motivations for "IPV Motivation"
- 09:30, 21 August 2017: Helped set up template, user page, and figure caption for "Risky Driving and Emotion"
- 13:06, 21 August 2017: Direct edit to fix headings "Paraphilia motivations" and suggested matching chapter heading to table of contents
- 15:47, 22 August 2017: Feedback on topic development and provided journal articles reviewing behavioural interventions and relationship to BAS/BIS for "Loneliness"
- 08:59, 26 August 2017: Suggested theory and supporting journal articles relating to "Stigma and emotion"
- 11:00, 26 August 2017: Provided link to Kids will be Kids Campaign with case studies, suggested references and other resources for "Parental pressure on children to perform in sport"
- 12:55, 31 August 2017: Suggested considering balanced time perspective and provided references for "Time perspective and happiness"
- 10:44, 3 September 2017: Direct edit: APA style figure captions and in text citations for "REBT"
- 19:07, 3 September 2017: Direct edits to fix spelling/grammar/formatting and provided feedback on topic development for "Hypothalamus and motivation"
- 13:45, 8 September 2017: Suggested relevance of self-perception theory and provided references for "The overjustification effect"
- 15:19, 9 September 2017: Advised link to awe and suggested articles for "Goose bumps and emotion" and direct edit to fix some formatting/grammar
- 13.40, 10 September 2017: Link to journal article for "Emotional chills"
- 16:29, 11 September 2017: Suggested including theory and differential impact of nature/human produced sound and provided supporting journal article for "Sounds and mood"
- 14:27, 15 September 2017: Suggested including theories to explain how emotions may impact attention (with supporting references) for "Risky driving and emotion"
- 11:54, 16 September 2017: Suggested including study showing 10 x increased crash risk when emotional to demonstrate importance of topic for "Risky driving and emotion"
- 12:20, 17 September 2017 : Direct edits to "Awe as an emotion" (Book Chapter, 2016) - subheadings, layout and sentence structures
- 23:25, 19 September 2017: Provided links to articles about mental health support for astronauts and the overview effect for "Emotional resilience in space"
- 04:59, 23 September 2017: Link to article "is pride a vice or a virtue" for "Pride" chapter
- 02:01: 24 September 2017: Link to article "adventure fuels mental toughness" for "Mental toughness" chapter
- 01:00: 26 September 2017: Feedback, suggested considering implications for autism, and provided links to help develop theory of constructed emotion section for "Emotion Perception"
- 08:45: 1 October 2017: Direct edits to "REBT" - added wiki-table and list to break up text. Suggestions for word count issues: focus on question, use wiki-links, subpage option
- 9:31: 1 October 2017: Provided link to article "when music makes you cry" for "Sad music and emotions" chapter
- 07:11: 1 October 2017: Provided link to article "neuroscience of contagious laughter" with practical application for chapter "Smiling, laughter, and happiness"
- 15:15: 10 October 2017: Direct edits to "Empowerment and employee motivation" (box for key questions and other formatting e.g. heading casing) and provided link to article "When love is the driving force at work"
- 15:26: 11 October 2017: Suggested adding table to compare reasons kids vs parents play sport to "Parental pressure on children to perform in sport"
- 18:10: 12 October 2017: Provided link to study comparing brain connectivity differences in people's emotional chill response to music for "Emotional Chills"
- 21:34: 15 October 2017: Suggested I3-model as an integrative model and other relevant theories and research for "IPV motivation"
- 09:18: 16 October 2017: Suggested 3-factor model of meaning in life and role of self-transcendence for "Meaning and happiness"
- 10:45: 18 October 2017: Direct edits to "Time Perspective and Happiness" to fix some spelling, grammar, and in-text citations and advised user
- 18:00: 18 October 2017: Direct edit to suggest table formatting for "Parental pressure on children to perform in sport" and sample APA reference format
- 19:30: 20 October 2017: Feedback for "Zoo visitor emotions": overview key questions, simplify structure, apply theories, consider implications for individuals
- 12:45: 21 October 2017: Direct edits to fix grammar and referencing in "Parents in youth sport"
- 18:27: 25 October 2017: Add external link to practical support advice and chapter feedback for "Stillbirth and emotion"
Various tweets relating to motivation and emotion
- 22 August 2017: Contributed to discussion relating to "Loneliness" chapter - provided article and query re best format to provide articles
- 10 September 2017: query re direct editing etiquette
- 20 September 2017: shared link to interactive emotion map
- 29 September 2017: contributed to discussion relating to chapter word count - clarified queries re word count as per chapter guidelines
- 8 October 2017: contributed to book chapter feedback discussion - requested feedback for my chapter structure and thanked response
- 17 October 2017: query re format of external links
- 19 October 2017: answered query about APA capitalisation formatting
- 20 October 2017: responded to request for feedback on "Zoo visitor emotions" and case study for "Hypothalamus and motivation"
- 28 October 2017: responded to request for help with choosing citations for "Disgust and prejudice"
- 2 November 2017: multimedia discussion