Susan is a lecturer in the undergraduate Department of Community Health, La Trobe University, which offers the Bachelor of Health Sciences degree. The subjects she teaches focus on programme planning, health promotion and global health. Her current research interests are in community systems strengthening, community development, policy and advocacy in the context of HIV and AIDS.
Susan completed her doctorate in 2010 at La Trobe University and her thesis was on "Challenges for civil society organisations in HIV and AIDS programme monitoring and evaluation". She has worked in the field of HIV and AIDS for over 20 years in the Asia Pacific region.
- Social and behavioural aspects of HIV/AIDS
- Community development and vulnerable populations
- Social Determinants of Health
- Health Education Development
- Principles of Public Health Practice
- Multicultural Perspectives on Health and Wellbeing