User:ShakespeareFan00/Wikiversity All Subject Original Research Desk
This desk is intended to be a 'portal' to various kinds of research on Wikiversity and other projects..
How to answer a question
- Cite existing research and literature, many 'research' questions have been asked
many times before.
- Suggest repeatable experimental tactics to support claims.
- Be prepared to have your contributions critiqued mercilessly.
- Quote the full experiment. ( Context is important)
- Promote 'fringe' theories. Strong claims need even stronger evidence.
- Plagarise. Academic fraud is a serious matter.
- Rely on others to spot the 'missing' term.
- Self-Publish your own results here.
- Expect your paper to be written for you !
To suggest a research question, please suggest it under the appropriate heading below.
- Q: For any 5 points, defined in a clockwise order, determine if they all lie in the same plane.
- Q: How hot does water have to be to boil?
- Q: What is effect of wind speed, upon rainfall angle?
- Q: What impact does pruning shock have on shrub based species?
- Q: What lateral movement effects does the removal of earth or rock above 'tunnels' have upon a tunnel through the rock beneath the removed portion?
- Q: What is the impact of hydrological or hydraulic pressure build up on cast iron cylinder tunnel construction?