Personal background: I'm originally from the Wilmington, NC area. I currently live in the Pineville/Ballantyne area of Charlotte.
WHERE I'VE BEEN
Professional Background: I have spent about 25 years in the Pharmaceutical Industry, as a sales representative and consultant medical moderator.
Interesting item about yourself to remember you by: I played an extra in the TV show 'Dawsons Creek', while living in Wilmington where it was filmed. I also ran a 10K and a marathon with Oprah Winfrey.
WHERE I'M GOING
I am currently a student at Central Piedmont Community College in Charlotte, with a major in Web Design and Development, and will graduate in December, 2012.
- HOW I CREATE MY WORK
- Computer Platform: HP desktop with Windows Vista, soon to be replaced with a computer I am building with all the latest and greatest hardware and software.
WHAT I'M DOING NOW
Courses I'm taking this semester:
- CTI130: I want to learn to build a computer.
- WEB220: I want to learn how to create audio and video and use my websites.
- WEB225: I want to learn to get a website up and running quickly.
- WEB250: Many websites will require a database, and this course will help me learn how to add a database to my websites.
- WEB285: I want to learn other technologies that are on the horizon.
- WEB 289: This course will wrap it all up for me and put everything together that I've learned in the last 3 semesters.
- I am building a computer.
- I'm building a website for a landscaping company.
- I'm building my own website for my web design company.
- I'm building my website in 4 different content management systems:
- Marine Corp Marathon in Washington, DC in 1994, and the Cooper Ridge Bridge Run in Charleston, SC in 1994.