Jump to navigation Jump to search
Phy 1110 Fall 2015 Journal
Using mirrors we had an effective length from slits to screen o 16.27 meters.
Slits width 2mm (they were holes)
Bright fringes on screen
- 1-3 if 15mm
- 2-4 was 16
- 1-5 was 25 mm
- Watched Newton's Dark Secrets
Outline of lab project goals
- Keep a Journal Your grade depends on this (we will discuss journaling during the lab)
- Use sheets of computer paper to maintain your journal so that it can be photocopied.
- You may supplement your journal with entries on Wikiversity. But your final product has to be printed.
- Newton's Dark Secrets
- Create MC questions: We will use the transcripts and show portions at a time.
- UCM lab (uniform circular motion)
- You design, either by playing with the gadget, or doing internet research.
- A portion of your investigation must be "hands-on"
- If you do research on the internet, submit an annotated list of websites to be posted on Wikiversity.
- Theory of a = mv2/r
- You will be tested on your ability to master this quiz: Physics_equations/06-Uniform_Circular_Motion_and_Gravitation/Q:derive
- Idea for project: Create a collection of handwritten proofs and publish on Wikiversity (pdf form). You will be attributed as the author, even if others improve your work.
- Another idea: write some quiz questions based on UTPA STEM/CBI Courses/Physics (Calculus Based)/Circular Motion#Test_Your_Mettle_Quiz
- Investigate Guy's belief about why Newton did not publish his appletree-era calculation until many years elapsed. It involves the inverse square law at Earth's surface, and has no reference. He can't even remember where he heard about it.