Things to do and read during the probationary custodianship period.
Hi, Gbaor, and thanks for your message over on my talk page. For the time being, I suggest you just focus on "How to be a Wikimedia sysop" - there's a lot there! On the whole, I'd say that the most important thing is to think about long-term commitment. Long-term commitment means that when you choose the kind of things you do at WV, you have to choose things which you enjoy doing. Most custodians specialise in something - something they're good at and enjoy. If you look at all the things that custodians can do, and all the maintenance tasks available, you'll rarely find a custodian who actually does it all. So perhaps give most things a try, and then concentrate on those things which you feel right with. A custodian who stays around for years will probably change their editing specialisations every now and again so that they can maintain their commitment and motivation. --McCormack 08:02, 26 May 2008 (UTC)
Feel free to add more...
- How to be a Wikimedia sysop Done
- w:Wikipedia:Template substitution
- Wikiversity:Deletion policy Done
- Wikiversity:Academic freedom Done
- Wikiversity:Naming conventions Done
- Wikiversity:Subpages Done
- Wikiversity:Namespaces Done
- Steward handbook on Meta
- Wikipedia:Administrators' how-to guide
- Wikipedia:New admin school
- Wikipedia:Administrators' reading list