Ko te manu kai i te Miro nōna te ngāhere, Ko te manu kai i te mātauranga nōna te ao.
(The bird who eats of the Miro tree owns the forest, the bird who eats of the Tree of Knowledge owns the world.)
Maori whakatauki (proverb)
My real name is Brent Simpson... Countrymike is... well it's a long story which may have to be told some other time. I used to be a somewhat active custodian here at Wikiversity, and was involved in WikiEducator project where I was a member of the Advisory Board. My user page over there has a bit about me as well. If you need to get in touch with me regarding Wikiversity please leave a note on my Talk page.
I am quite firmly an inclusionist on Wikiversity and I am in the Eventualism camp.
That i'm interested in or have participated in in the past.
- Portal:Reading_groups - my favourite Wikiversity learning projects
- Eric Von Hippel:Democratizing Innovation
- Ivan Illich: Deschooling Society - a Reading Group on Wikiversity.
- Audacity Tutorial
- Wikieducator Tutorials
- The Learning Design Project on WikiEducator.
- Main Page redesign.
- I attended the Tectonic Shift Think Tank in Vancouver in April, 2007 where I got to meet a lot of the top MediaWiki hackers and talk Wikis for education with a lot of people from the OER movement.
Personal Learning Spaces
Open PhD - an open working space for a PhD proposal.
Masters Thesis - MA completed in Dec 09 w/ degree awarded in 2010. Title of thesis: Community Radio on Waiheke Island
- Look at Wikiversity Templates on Wikibooks
Interwiki links from Wikieducator to Wikiversity
- explore reciprocation of the above
- Expand Wikiversity page on WikiEd
- Finish Illich Deschooling Society
Reading group for Democratizing innovation
- Start group on Isaiah Berlins' Two Concepts of Liberty
Google is where frustrated people end up looking for information when wikipedia doesn't have an article on it. Quote by User:Yeoman on IRC.
Academic freedom - Blocking policy - Bureaucratship - Chat channel policy - CheckUser policy - Child protection policy - Cite sources - Course Titles and Numbers - Course protection policy - Curators - Deletions - Disclosures - External links - Make no assumptions - Manual of Style - Naming conventions - Network naming conventions - Original research - Page protection templates - Polls - Respect people - Productive Forking and Tailoring is Encouraged - Real world schools - Scholarly ethics - Subpages - Username - User page - Vandalism - What Wikiversity is not - Catalyst