Hi there, my name is Chantelle and welcome to my Wikiversity user page. I am studying Psychology and Exercise Science at the University of Canberra and am in my third year.
Below are some of my personal interests
- Playing Ultimate Frisbee
- Exploring fresh and new ideas in the kitchen and eating at some of Canberra's great restaurants
- Wake-boarding in the summer and snowboarding in the winter
This semester I hope to build on several ideas. These include;
- Goal Setting Techniques and the pro's on con's of each.
- How to use motivation to improve physical activity levels in different population groups
- How personality influences motivation
2018 Motivation and Emotion Book Chapter
Where to find my chapter
Goal setting techniques - How do different goal setting techniques influence motivation and goal success?
Social contributions to the 2018 book
- 5.06, 26 August 2018: Mentioned APA Reference formatting on Motivation and emotion/Book/2018/Sexting motivation "Hey Brittany, Your work looks really good. Just a quick note to make sure your references are APA formatted with a hanging indent. Good luck! Chantelle"
- 06:00, 10 October 2018: Added a starter reference and suggestion for further research on Motivation and emotion/Book/2018/Goal sharing and goal pursuit "Hi, I am also doing a topic on goal setting and thought you might like this reference from Locke and Latham as a starter reference. It notes the mechanisms behind but probably more relevant for you is the satisfaction section which would relate to the motives of goal sharing. "Locke, E. A., & Latham, G. P. (2002). Building a practically useful theory of goal setting and task motivation: A 35-year odyssey. American psychologist, 57(9), 705." It would be interesting to see information about the link between sharing a goal, attaining the goal and the neurotransmitter response (such a dopamine). Good luck, Chantelle (u3141099)"
- 06:07, 10 October 2018: Added suggestions regarding application and biological perspective on Motivation and emotion/Book/2018/Gym and positive emotion "Hi, this looks like a super interesting topic and your quiz is great. It would be cool to see more information from the biological perspective of what happens when one attends the gym. Here is an article outlining some of this "Jade Teta, N. D., & Keoni Teta, N. D. Exercise is Medicine." It would also be great to see more examples of how going to the gym can improve known issues. I have found a link exploring gym activity and mental health "Callaghan, P. (2004). Exercise: a neglected intervention in mental health care?. Journal of psychiatric and mental health nursing, 11(4), 476-483." All the best, Chantelle (u3141099)"
- 06:23, 10 October 2018: Added example suggestion to Motivation and emotion/Book/2018/Outdoor education and the self "Hi, this is a really interesting topic. As someone who used to work in OE the applications it has for individuals with disabilities are amazing. It is also challenging and rewarding for those who work in OE to work with those who are disabled, particularly children. Here is an article exploring this "Sugerman, D. (2001). Inclusive outdoor education: Facilitating groups that include people with disabilities. Journal of Experiential Education, 24(3), 166-172." More examples throughout your well developed paragraphs would strengthen your chapter. All the best, Chantelle (u3141099)."
- 03:49, 24 October 2018: shared a reference and mentioned referencing template on Motivation and emotion/Book/2018/Mindfulness and flow. "Hi, I have recently been interested in this article about flow and clutch states in sport. It would be really useful to have it as an example, case study or even just a paragraph on what a clutch state is. "Swann, C., Crust, L., & Vella, S. A. (2017). New directions in the psychology of optimal performance in sport: flow and clutch states. Current opinion in psychology, 16, 48-53." Also, your references are not in APA format and I also struggled with this. There is a template you can add into the reference section called "hanging indent" which will help clean them up. All the best, Chantelle"
- 03:56, 24 October 2018: shared a TED talk/potential ideas generation to Motivation and emotion/Book/2018/Passion and well-being "Hi there, this is an interesting and very broad topic. Hopefully we will get to see a finished product. If you're struggling to get ideas or would like an extra external link here is a TED talk by Angela Lee Duckworth exploring the power of passion and perseverance. https://www.ted.com/talks/angela_lee_duckworth_grit_the_power_of_passion_and_perseverance. All the best, Chantelle"