The way I'm approaching this is two fold.
- Sharing what I'm discovering personally with others - open, networked, mobile;
- Constructively challenging others to do the same - catalyst for change.
Freedom Within Constraint
Simple and fundamental truths that guide my PhD journey:
- Critical inquiry and responsible action taking - seek & follow sound advice;
- Exercising regularly my democratic freedom & right to personal expression - live by the consequences;
- Observing and respect the privacy and personal security of others - point, reflect, poetically encode inference;
- Leading by example - active investment in the field of research contribution
- Health - in mind and spirit first and above all else;
- Family - competing for first place;
- Employment - eat and be merry;
- Life Experiences - map, measure and make available openly online;
- Portfolio - develop a sound data management, time management and attribution;
- Profile - reflect across all channels for ease of others seeking authenticity via cross referencing;
- Literature Review - collect, collate and build a reasoned case;
- Interviews - humans, people and sentient beings;
- Case Studies - actual (vs perceived);
- Read & write & present - always.
- Profess - and be open to change. A PhD is nothing more than the end of the beginning.
The journey began begins there - http://www.alexanderhayes.com/research
To observe the peer-to-peer review process (in an open and universally accessible context ) I am sharing the final stages of the PhD thesis process via this Google Document. * Note - this document is the personal STORY of my PhD research journey.