Unmanned aerial systems
This project will attempt to assess whether or not the state of the art is currently conducive to this sort of technology, and if it is, how best to implement the technology.
Possible uses for this technology include: wireless mesh network clouds, speaker systems, lighting systems, video monitoring systems, cleaning and sanitation, shipping, reconnaissance aerial photography systems, and so forth.
Drones and unmanned arial systems are a future oriented technology.
- Can systems be made that can remain airborne a long period of time?
- Are solar cells currently advanced enough to allow this?
- Do other technologies exist that could allow this?
- Can this be done inexpensively?
- Can software be developed to allow:
- Communication between these devices
- The devices to remain autonomous and safe
- Communication between the ground
- The devices to remain autonomous for long periods
- Can this be done to look attractive and aesthetically pleasing?
- Can a twin blade design keep a vehicle aloft in an enclosure or in some hidden manner or other configuration?
- December 18, 2006 - Project started.
- Can drones potentially be used to stop gun violence?
- This idea has been put forth to design drones that can detect gun fire and if necessary then stop the shooter within 30 seconds, instead of potentially 10-15 minutes not using drones.
- How can drones be used in art exhibits and exhibitions?
- How might drones be utilized for 100 years? 500 years? 10 years? 15 years?
- DIY Drones
- zSim flight simulator
- September 2008 Robot spyplanes get new role as medical couriers
- August 2008 QinetiQ says it has broken unmanned flight record
- Making an Autonomous Boat Using a Raspberry Pi - Can an aerial drone be made with and controlled by a Raspberry Pi too?
- See External links for the long list