Topic:Southeast Asian history
|Please share your thoughts about whether to merge this page with Topic:Asian history.|
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Yesno' not found.
Welcome to the Department of Southeast Asian History, part of the School of History.
The Department of Southeast Asian History is established to educate the general public about the History of the Southeast Asian countries. We welcome anyone who is interested in this discipline to join us, either as a student or as a facilitator. Our Department will review the curriculums of similar Departments in other influential universities to offer a more balanced perspective of historical events and issues.
In the Department of Southeast Asian History, we subscribe to two important education principles:
- Depth and breadth
Firstly, sound education policies involve a balanced combination of depth and breadth. Secondly, students, as mature learners, will be given flexibility and choice to select their modules. However, certain requirements for graduation have to be met and students must practise self-responsibility to graduate.
- 1 Modules
- 2 Planned Modules
- 3 Requested Modules
- 4 Department news
- 5 List of students and contributors
- 6 Graduates' Hall of Fame
- 7 School announcements
- 8 Related Schools & Departments
- 9 Related External Pages
Modules currently being offered by the Department of Southeast Asian History:
- GM0001 Archaeology in Southeast Asia
- GM0002 Integration of Southeast Asia
- GM0003 Prehistory of Southeast Asia
- GM0004 Southeast Asia in the Global Context
- GM0005 Southeast Asian Islam in Historical Context
- GM0006 Historiography of Southeast Asia
- GM0007 Nationalism in Southeast Asia
- GM0008 Women in Southeast Asian Societies
- GM0009 Comparative Southeast Asia: The Eleven Governments
- GM0010 ASEAN: After the 1997 Financial Crisis
History of Indonesia
History of Malaysia
History of the Philippines
- PH001 The Philippines: Pre-1521
- PH002 The Colonial Crisis
- PH003 Towards Philippine Nationhood
- PH005 Philippines Today: A Fragile Democracy (From EDSA to Gloria)
History of Singapore
Examination Boards Modules
- EB0001 Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board - GCE Ordinary Level History
- EB0002 Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board - GCE Advanced Level History
- EB0003 Cambridge International Examinations - GCE Ordinary Level History
- EB0004 Cambridge International Examinations - GCE Advanced Level History
Special Interest Modules
- History of Brunei
- History of Indo-China
- History of Malaya
- History of Myanmar
- History of the Philippines
- History of Indonesia & Timor-Leste
- History of Thailand
- History of Cambodia
These are topics that have been requested and are considered high priority for the Department. Please start or expand these projects if you are familiar with the subject matter!
- 15 December 2006 - Department founded!
List of students and contributors
Please list your name here if you are into this community!
Graduates' Hall of Fame
- (Start working for a place here!)
- December 22, 2015
- Topic:Sri Lankan history has started
- June 20, 2011
- United States History will begin
- June 20, 2011
- Human Legacy Course will begin
- Aug 24, 2010
- Reorganization underway.
- Jun 16, 2010
- History of the Ottoman Empire Course has started.
- May 15, 2010
- Military History Department founded.
Related Schools & Departments
- School of History
- Department of European History
- Department of Indic History
- Department of Philosophy of History