Talk:Motivation and emotion/Textbook/Motivation/Indigenous Australians
Here's some feedback on this chapter so far:
- Well done on getting this underway. I've Moodle messaged and emailed you some more information. Some other comments follow.
- I've added some related focus questions which you might consider. Make sure (for the final draft) that the focus questions match the content.
- Add at least some very brief history, to set the context - some links to relevant Wikipedia articles could be appropriate here.
- Table 1. Some major comparisons between cultures - between which cultures? Is this specific to indigenous Australians?
- Image - expand the caption.
- Check grammar: "Therefore, motivations will reflect a collective nature within Indigenous Australians populations."
- Some more about Schwartz's (1991) results could be useful/interesting.
- Key references could include major government reports and reviews e.g., related to employment.
- Make sure you do a good search of the Australian Journal of Psychology for relevant references.
- I've redrafted the intro paragraph - and also shifted the focus questions to immediately follow the introductory paragraph. This opening could be further improved by leading into and explaining/justifying the focus questions.
- The body text is taking shape now. Probably the area that deserves the most work I think will be the intro and conclusions to each section to help put each section in context and in relation to the focus questions, and to help flow between the sections. But get your body content down first, then you can work on smoothing and integrating it.
This textbook chapter has been marked according to the marking criteria. Marks are available via login to the unit's Moodle site. Written feedback is provided below, plus there is a general feedback page. Please also check the chapter's page history to see what editing changes I have made whilst reading through the chapter. Responses to this feedback can be made by or continuing to improve the chapter if you wish. If you would like further clarification about the marking or feedback, contact the unit convener. If you wish to dispute the marks, see the suggested marking dispute process.
The accompanying multimedia presentation has been marked according to the marking criteria. Marks are available via the unit's Canvas site. Written feedback is provided below, plus see the general feedback page. Responses to this feedback can be made by . If you would like further clarification about the marking or feedback, contact the unit convener.