Portal:The Science Behind Parkinson's/Project Development/Launch Log
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Added project to list of Learning Projects in http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Portal:Learning_Projects/Learning_Projects_topics Droflet (talk) 09:06, 7 September 2012 (UTC)
- Appealed in Wikiversity:Colloquium for advice on where to put links so people can find or discover the project. Droflet (talk) 09:34, 7 September 2012 (UTC)
- Portal set up. (For tabbed portals see: Make_a_portal) and Portal put in Portal Category so it shows on list. Droflet (talk) 11:52, 9 September 2012 (UTC)
- Redirect put in the original The Science Behind Parkinson's page. (To get back to the original page, click on the (Redirected from The Science Behind Parkinson's) link at the top of the new Portal page or use this link: http://en.wikiversity.org/w/index.php?title=The_Science_Behind_Parkinson%27s&redirect=no.
- Link requested for putting into the Parkinson's disease page of wikipedia.
- Emails sent to a number of lay individuals mainly in UK. 11.09.2012
- Emails sent to a number of researchers in Parkinson's field. 12.09.2012
- How can people find it when going from the Wikiversity Main page? There is no obvious route through Schools
- Note put on Wikipedia Signpost suggestions asking whether it is appropriate to include a note of the new wikiversity learning project. Droflet (talk) 09:55, 13 September 2012 (UTC
- Announcement has appeared in News section of wikiversity Main page. Thanks!
- January 2013. MailChimp account set up for managing emailing to interested people and organisations. Promotion emails sent to individuals and researchers from selected lists.
Tasks still to do:
- Emails to more researchers
- Emails to more Organisations, research departments and journals
- Postings to Parkinson's forums
- Individual emails to researchers whose papers we have cited asking for contributions.
- How can people find the project through the wikiversity Main page? There is no obvious place for it to go in Schools. It can be found under Portals, however. Needs also to be put under Learning Projects.