Original research inquiry/Research Namespace
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In Wikiversity:Requests_for_Deletion/Archives/16#Wikiversity:Research Namespace: ":Namespace & peer review tally is 2 - 5, totals with above is 9 - 7.
- First, I'd like to mention many users who may want to participate are on holiday perhaps to the end of this month.
- Second, some may have perceived that this discussion was about mainspace lectures and dismissed the notice. Now that it has been clarified to a discussion of a "draft" namespace perhaps we should give them at least until the end of the month to participate.
- Third, the previous discussion contained opinions and votes that are pertinent here. User:Juandev opinioned against the whole proposal of namespace usage such as here "What benefits will come with new ns? If none, its not neeed than." User:James500 opposed per the peer review. It's no different here. User:JackPotte opinioned in favor and may wish to do so here. User:Leutha did the same. User:Thierry613 initially did the same then withdrew support because of the peer review per "If the research namespace would not be searchable, is it a choice or a technical restriction ? I think it should be searchable, as it is on the french-speaking Wikiversity. However, that does not address the problem of the valid peer review." which is the same here. User:Alkhowarizmi stated: "To have a separate research namespace and then keep original research in the main resource space, on condition that it is (by whatever means) refereed is surely absurd. Moreover it invites further argument over what constitutes valid peer review." is clearly applicable here. --Marshallsumter (discuss • contribs) 01:48, 14 January 2018 (UTC)"
Delete (for good faith efforts)
- Oppose Delete is too harsh for good faith efforts by cooperative editors. Instead move it into userspace, and perhaps request that they blank it. That permits them to store a permalink of their "mistake" in their userspace for future reference. My understanding is that permalinks are unreachable if the page is deleted. Is that true?--Guy vandegrift (discuss • contribs) 00:35, 5 January 2018 (UTC)
I agree for any namespace except userspace per argumentum ad infinitum here, and elsewhere. --mikeu talk 01:27, 5 January 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose per Guy. ---Atcovi (Talk - Contribs) 02:59, 5 January 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose - Good faith edits are an important key concept of the wiki movement. --Marshallsumter (discuss • contribs) 11:38, 5 January 2018 (UTC)