Modern European Ink Painting
A late-20st-century and early-21st-century movement, Modern ink painting (sometimes called the "New Ink Movement" or the "New Ink Art") is an emerging style that reaches beyond traditional Asian ink painting in scope and treatment of a minimalist-art. Contemporary ink painting is developing and establishing the recognition it deserves and gaining its own place among the major pictorial works of the world. Lui Shou-kwan (1919-1975) is credited with founding the New Ink Painting Movement. This global contemporary art movement, represents sort of amalgamation of the Western visual art problems and practices with those of East Asia.
The founder of the European variant/contribution to the (mainly Asian) Modern ink painting movement is Alfred Freddy Krupa. It combines Expressionism, Art Informel, Minimalism, plein air work, Abstract Art (etc.) with a typically East Asian approach (Jürgen Weichardt 2016, Francesco Scagliola 2017, Ante Vranković 2018).
- The British Museum http://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/exhibitions/chinese_ink_paintings.aspx
- Financial Times https://www.ft.com/content/2df99f28-e521-11e5-a09b-1f8b0d268c39
- The New York Times https://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/05/arts/05iht-newink.1.15892026.html
- Sumi-e from the Perspective of a Traditional Academically-trained European Artist https://beyond-calligraphy.com/2013/04/24/sumi-e_from_the_perspective_of_a_traditional_academically-trained_european_artist/
- The Theory Of Strings/Theory Of Everything In The Modern (Ink) Painting Practice? https://lifeasahuman.com/2017/virtual-art-gallery/the-theory-of-stringstheory-of-everything-in-the-modern-ink-painting-practice/
- Harvard University Fine Arts Library https://hollis.harvard.edu/primo-explore/fulldisplay?vid=HVD2&docid=HVD_ALEPH014441036&context=L&search_scope=default_scope
- https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Freddy_Krupa (In German)
- Arte Al Limite ed.83 (Chile) pg. 58-63 https://issuu.com/arteallimite/docs/83_pags
- Oslobođenje (Sarajevo) https://www.oslobodjenje.ba/dosjei/intervjui/alfred-freddy-krupa-predodreden-za-slikanje-akvarela-351115