Early telescopes is a lecture for the instruments project of the same name studying the possibility that telescopes in some form have been used from the Earth's surface for millennia.
You are free to take this quiz based on early telescopes at any time.
This should give you adequate background to get 100 %.
As a "learning by doing" resource, this quiz helps you to assess your knowledge and understanding of the information, and it is a quiz you may take over and over as a learning resource to improve your knowledge, understanding, test-taking skills, and your score.
Suggestion: Have the lecture available in a separate window.
To master the information and use only your memory while taking the quiz, try rewriting the information from more familiar points of view, or be creative with association.
Enjoy learning by doing!
- A careful and systematic comparison of a telescope and a torch that look like the item balancing or attached to the armillary sphere should be able differentiate between a telescope and a torch.
- International Astronomical Union
- NASA/IPAC Extragalactic Database - NED
- NASA's National Space Science Data Center
- The SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System
- SDSS Quick Look tool: SkyServer
- SIMBAD Astronomical Database
- SIMBAD Web interface, Harvard alternate
- Spacecraft Query at NASA.
- Universal coordinate converter