Jump to navigation Jump to search
Objectives and Skills[edit | edit source]
This lesson assists users in creating Microsoft Access reports which is a way to organize and display data from an Access database.
Readings[edit | edit source]
- Microsoft Office: Introduction to reports in Access
- Microsoft Office: Create a simple report - Access
Multimedia[edit | edit source]
Activities[edit | edit source]
- Complete the tutorial GCF Global: Access 2016 Creating Reports.
- Complete the tutorial GCF Global: Access 2016 Advanced Report Options.
Lesson Summary[edit | edit source]
- A database is an organized collection of data.
- A report is used to summarize and display the data in your database from tables and queries.
- The easiest way to create an Access report is to use the Report Wizard tool.
- A report is an object in Microsoft Access that is used to display and print your data in an organized manner.
Key Terms[edit | edit source]
- grouping level
- A report grouping level in Access is the way your data is organized on the report.
- page orientation
- Page orientation is the way in which a rectangular page is oriented for normal viewing. The two most common types of orientation are portrait and landscape.
- Sorting is any process of arranging items in sequence (ascending or descending order).
- Templates are pre-built files, pages or articles designed for a wide range of uses. In Wikipedia, templates contain repetitive material that might need to show up on any number of articles or pages.
Review Questions[edit | edit source]
Microsoft Access database file extension is: ________Microsoft Access database file extension is: accdb. 
The ______________ is a tool that guides you through the process of creating complex reports.The Report Wizard is a tool that guides you through the process of creating complex reports.
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Tutorialspoint: MS Access Reports Basics
- Microsoft Office: Create a simple report
- MyDataCareer: How To Create An Access Report Using SQL Query