Avebury

From Wikiversity
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Avebury


The Wiltshire village of Avebury can be found today just off the A4 it is partly surrounded by a huge stone circle and henge which is almost a mile in circumferance. A large part of the village was bought and restored by Alexander Kieller in the 1920's and 1930's, he spent his fotune on clearing away buildings, conducting excavations, and re-erecting fallen stones.