Vision statements 
Here are some possible vision statements. Feel free to create alternative versions, make comments, improve, etc.:
Extended vision statement 
[A vision needs more than a single sentence statement (though it needs that too!) - so this section is to develop such a vision.]
Wikiversity intends to be a comprehensive repository of learning resources and knowledge in all subjects, for all ages and types of learners. It also intends to be a space for learning - through collaborating, participating, discussing, and questioning. Wikiversity strives to create an open platform in which people can connect with others in order to learn - as well as offering a means for self-study, or creating a more personalised space for learning. Wikiversity is also open to questioning and discussion around how Wikiversity works - it is a self-reflexive experiment in learning, the 'wiki way'.
Many individual visions exist for Wikiversity, just as many methods and ideologies exist around learning. For example, some people like to think of Wikiversity as an evolution of the ancient Grecian discursive model of learning, and others believe that it should be a more formalised, didactic system. In practice, Wikiversity strives to be as inclusive of these visions as possible - though it does operate within a wiki methodology, and therefore does have a strong bias towards openness and collaboration. However, true to its experimental roots, Wikiversity is in a constant engagement with how best to provide for an open learning platform and repository. Your own vision is welcome...
Detailed vision 
- A vision also needs meat on the bones. Thus, a detailed vision for 2009 is currently being fleshed out - contributions welcome.
No vision statement 
- Is a vision statement necessary, in addition to a mission statement? (e.g., perhaps the Vision could be considered as the package of Motto, Slogan, Mission, Strategy, etc.?)
Connection with sister projects 
- Check how the structure of vision, mission, goals, slogans, mottos, etc. is set up on other WMF projects, and the WM foundation itself.
- Check how the proposed WV vision connects/disconnects with sister projects and the WMF.
See also 
- Category:Wikiversity vision
- Mission statements and vision statements (Wikipedia)
- Approved proposal
- Motto - Contest
- /Historical perspective