Welcome to Wikiversity's School of Sociology which is part of the Social Sciences.
Sociology is the scientific study of society. In sociology, we seek to understand human social action.
Sociology can be examined from both a micro and macro perspective, though neither can be divorced from the other. While micro sociology seeks to understand the individual in the context of society, which is referred to as 'Sociological Social Psychology,' macro sociology seeks to understand group behaviour in the context of society.
For a more in depth examination of sociology, visit the SOC 201 Introduction to Sociology course level that provides the basics needed to understand sociology.
School news 
- This area was founded on August 21, 2006
On developing projects 
Wikiversity has adopted a "learning by doing" model for education. Lessons should center on learning activities for Wikiversity participants. Learning materials and learning projects can be used by multiple departments. Please cooperate with other departments that use the same learning resource.
Learning resources 
These texts are currently at b:Sociology:
Active participants 
- Reswik 15:24, 21 August 2006 (UTC)
- Owen 19:03, 26 November 2006 (UTC)
- CQ 07:17, 3 December 2006 (UTC)
- Göktürk 3 January 2007
- Buddpaul 11 May 2007 (UTC)
- Piotrus 18:48, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- Delphic 17:42, 29 March 2010 (UTC)
Non-free syllabi 
- Collection of syllabis offered by ASA
- Making Class Prep Easier: ASA’s New Digital Library of Sociological Teaching Materials (announced Dec'08, coming around summer '09)