- Events in a web-browser (onmouseover, onclick, etc.)
- Creating pop-up windows
- Getting your program to make decisions: if-statements
Suggested Activities 
- Alice in Wonderland - Have fun creating and interacting with your own 3D world... and learn the fundamentals of computer programming while you're at it!
- Web Programming Intro - Research some of the fundamental principles of computer programming to create an ongoing resource of your own!
- Web Design/AJAX Challenges - (Advanced) Get started with some tutorials and challenges to learn the basics of AJAX.
Your learning resources 
Online tutorials 
- Web Development And Design Tutorials - This website provides a series of web development tutorials from creating simple HTML pages to more complex dynamic web pages.
- Introduction to creating dynamic webpages! - This tutorial lets you learn through interactive coding, it sets you goals and progresses easily but thoroughly.
- Introduction to Programming - This tutorial starts right from the beginning helping you to learn what programming is as a non-programmer (Written by a graphic artist!). Part 2 of this tutorial introduces some Object-Oriented programming concepts. It might be good to read this before going on to other more practical tutorials.
- Simple Popup - Opening a popup window.
- More useful Popup - Controlling the popup window's size and other properties.
- Form Validation 1 - Checking the number of characters entered into a form field.
- Form Validation 2 - Validating a few fields on a form.
- Basic email validation - Making sure the user included an '@' symbol in an email field.
Online Reference 
- CSS Cheat Sheet - everything you'll ever need to remember about CSS all packed onto one page!
- - Web Design Update - A a plain text email digest newsletter. It typically goes out once a week. All web designers and developers are invited to join.
The following links might give you an idea of what's possible even though they go well beyond the scope of this topic!
Related Qualifications 
Further reading 
HTML: What is HTML, Advanced HTML Tutorial, HTML Challenges, Lists and Tables, The Structure of HTML, Pen and Paper HTML activities
CSS: Learning Basic HTML and CSS, CSS challenges, Embedded CSS, Basic HTML and CSS Tutorial, Inline CSS, Develop cascading style sheets
PHP: Simple functions in PHP, Dynamic websites, PHP challenges, Dynamic websites with PHP, Generating a receipt with PHP, Responding to HTML forms with PHP,
XML: XML challenges
Databases: Creating Database Tables
Projects: A small website project, A step-by-step web design project, Build a basic web page, Build a small website
Activities: Web design group learning activities, Pen and Paper HTML activities, A Web Design Quiz show, Ordering Tasks for a Web Project, Paired Bio Pages, Scoping a Small Project, Emerging Technologies Research Activities
Project management: An introduction to Project Management, Developing a Client Project
Design: Accessibility, Design Principles for Web Design, Design Suggestions
Testing: Testing Website performance, Website Performance Test Plan
Publishing: Getting Your Site On the Web
Certification and standards: Cert IV Website Qualifications in Australia, Australian Qualifications, Web design qualifications
Professional development: Developing your online portfolio, Contribute to personal skill development and learning, Useful Applications, Useful Books, Emerging Technologies, Using the Internet as a Learning Tool
Course meta-information: Web Design, About the web design learning project, New Structure, Sample Timetable