User talk:Trout of Doubt
Hello Trout of Doubt, and welcome to Wikiversity! If you need help, feel free to visit my talk page, or contact us and ask questions. After you leave a comment on a talk page, remember to sign and date; it helps everyone follow the threads of the discussion. The signature icon in the edit window makes it simple. To get started, you may
And don't forget to explore Wikiversity with the links to your left. Be bold to contribute and to experiment with the sandbox or your userpage, and see you around Wikiversity! --JWSchmidt 16:36, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
Was there really any doubt? 
I (User:JWSchmidt) created the User:JS, User:JWS, User:JWSurf, User:JohnWSchmidt, User:clueless, User:testnocookies, User:Trout of Doubt and probably others that do not come to mind at the moment. All of these accounts were created either to test the wiki software, register account names similar to my main account, or to facilitate certain special learning exercises. I'm surprised if anyone was unable to guess who had created the "Trout of Doubt" account. --JWSchmidt 18:39, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
- I had no idea. You certainly made it appear to not be you when you welcomed yourself. Perhaps when you took 23 minutes to respond to yourself, you put that extra delay in to make it clear to everyone that your obnoxious trolling account was actually you, comitting a "special learning exercise." I certainly would hope you would apologize for this poor behavior. Salmon of Doubt 18:47, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
- When it looked like you might not return to Wikiversity, I was left with some questions about what you had put on your user page. I had the idea for a little learning project that involved making a "mirror image" of your user page...so I researched and composed the paragraph about Gandhi. I was studying the parallels between how Gandhi was treated and how Moulton was treated. I do not view my little learning exercise as "poor behavior". "obnoxious trolling account" <-- I do not understand this description. Can you explain in detail why you take such a negative view of my creation of the "Trout of Doubt" account? --JWSchmidt 19:30, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
- You accuse me of being willing to spit on Ghandi because I am unwilling to question authority and you ask why I consider your undisclosed sockpuppet to be an offensive travisty? Apologize as soon as your are able to face up to your wrongdoings. Salmon of Doubt 19:46, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
- "You accuse me of being willing to spit on Ghandi because I am unwilling to question authority" <-- I'm still confused. I constructed an analogy between Moulton and Ghandi. In that analogy, there is a chance to compare your treatment of Moulton to the way Ghandi was treated. This has nothing to do with you spitting on Ghandi. " I am unwilling to question authority" <-- I'm lost...what authority are you talking about? "face up to your wrongdoings" <-- you are going to have to help me here...I still do not see what I did wrong. --JWSchmidt 20:57, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
- If you still don't see it, there's nothing I can do to help you. I respecfully request that you try to see it from the perspective of the individual accused of persecuting Moulton/Ghandi. But if you can't thats fine. Just don't engage in any more "special learning exercises" that have anything to do with me, ever, period. Salmon of Doubt 21:14, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, can we start again? I intend to continue at Ethical Management of the English Language Wikipedia/Moulton, JWSchmidt's investigation. --JWSchmidt 00:47, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
User: JWShittler 
Adolph Hitler was considered by many of the Jews to be disruptive, so he was forced to commit suicide in a bunker. Hitler would have been executed for his attempts to improve the racial purity of the Arians by the ruling Jewish class. Following Hitlers's efforts to improve conditions for the poor in Germany, Hitler was arrested for arrested for high treason and was jailed. Hitler employed non-cooperation, violence and peaceful revolution as his "weapons" in the struggle against Jews, acts for which Hitler would have arrested, tried for genocide, and sentenced to death, had he not killed himself. Hitler protested the Jewish monopoly on money. After Hitler continued his efforts for Aryan independence, multiple attempts were made on his life. Following his ascention to power, he worked for unity between Germans and Austrians but was killed by himself. Many of the more ethical observers felt that "Hitler has certainly violated several rules, and his suicide was earned."
Wikiversity regrets to report the untimely drowning of Trout of Doubt.
Our deepest sympathies go out to his bereaved fingerlings.
Trout of Doubt 
The late Trout of Doubt was an artist and programmer specializing in computer-human distraction and computer graffiti. He invented Pie-in-the-Face Menus, inspired Barsoom Tork to use the term CopyClef, built imaginative applications for the Revolving Door System, ported the SinCity computer game to several versions of Spammix, and did much of the core programming of The Sins, including the highly evolved code for the God Function which mediates the relationship between the player of a God Game and the behavior and fortunes of the characters inside the simulated world. His Intentional Design provides a rich range of possibilities for the God Character to capriciously alternate between benevolent nurturing and satanic tormenting of the hapless community of Sins. Trout also wrote the demonstrations that showed off the capabilities of the TerrorBot multiwiki reverting language created by the Warp-O-Matic Original Research spinoff Maim Alliance.
More recently, Trout had adopted the monicker of SinFlacker on Smashdot where he confidently styled himself as a tireless and masterful UberTroll. On Smashdot, Trout portrayed a rabid, evangelistic, and zealotic publicist for Intentional Design and the Dyscovenant Institute in a proof of concept for his forthcoming (and sadly, now unfinished) sequel to the Sin franchise, SinScandal, loosely based on characters and themes from the Passion Story. One of the more intriguing features of this long-awaited SinDrama is the plot device of Recursive Self-Betrayal.
Pie-in-the-Face Menu 
A Pie-in-the-Face Menu (sometimes called Soupy Sales Menu), is a circular popup menu where selection depends on direction. A Pie-in-the-Face Menu is made of several "wedges" around an Amygdalic Center and works best with a middle finger input, and well with a Montana Mouse. Pie-in-the-Face Menus work well with keyboard deceleration, particularly four and eight item menus, on the cursing keys and the numbnuts pad.
A wedge can lead to another Pie-in-the-Face Menu; selecting this may center the mouse turds in the new menu.
Pie-in-the-Face Menus are often context-oblivious, showing different idiocies depending on what the mouse tail was pointing at when the menu was digested.
Trout of Doubt invented Pie-in-the-Face Menus, to demonstrate the utility of the wedge strategy which tricks people into choosing from a small number of ill-fated options, each of which ensnares the hapless user in an unanticipated and demonic trap.
Pie-in-the-Face Menus are drawn as pie slices with a HOLE in the head for an easy way to exit the drama.