To get started, you may
You don't need to be an educator to edit. You only need to be bold to contribute and to experiment with the sandbox or your userpage. See you around Wikiversity! --Abd 02:40, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
User:MrFidaAliEngr/Sundus does not appear to be an appropriate educational resource at this time. If there were a geography resource here on Pakistan, and it were enormously developed, maybe. The page on Sundus seems to be an article, not an educational resource as such. I've moved it to your user space, and you are welcome to contribute to educational resources here. If you do, as an established user, you'd be welcome to host pages like this in your user space, indefinitely. Do you live in Sundus? You could tell us about yourself on your user page and link to the file there. Best wishes! --Abd 15:48, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
- Similarly, I have moved another page you just created to User:MrFidaAliEngr/Manthal. Please don't create these kinds of pages in mainspace, as you have. You may eventually be able to create some resource that would refer to these pages, and they could then be moved back to mainspace, probably as subpages. Ask me about this, we can discuss it, it could be very useful. Thanks. --Abd 18:41, 24 August 2011 (UTC)
- Similarly, please see User:MrFidaAliEngr/Allah, User:MrFidaAliEngr/Kharfocho, User:MrFidaAliEngr/My Mother and User:MrFidaAliEngr/Mr. Fida Muhammad Baigcho. Please advise if you wish to keep these pages; otherwise, they may be deleted. As Abd has advised, please ensure that pages you create are educational resources. --Draicone (talk) 01:54, 18 September 2011 (UTC)
- Draicone, please do not delete harmless pages, such as bits of personal history, in the user's user space. I have cautioned the user about creating these pages in mainspace.
- MrFidaAliEngr, when you create these pages in mainspace, it makes work for Wikiversity custodians, which should be avoided if possible. Some of the pages you created may eventually be appropriate for mainspace, but think in terms of, say, a university class. Classes exist within a curriculum, and a class will not be started on, say, some small detail of geography. Or the mother of a student or professor. In your user space, you may, as I've suggested, tell us about yourself and your history and your parents and your local geography. But would you attempt to insert these things into a university catalog as classes? --Abd 20:27, 28 September 2011 (UTC)
I am highly grateful to wikiversitans, the editors, the administrators, the owners and someone who matters most always for allowing me to express myself my way. At the same time I am learning a lot of good things from wikiversity whenever I use it. Responsible and careful editing/creating of pages is setting good examples for all kinds of learners/users.MrFidaAliEngr, 13:19, 3 September 2011, signed by Abd 13:43, 6 September 2011 (UTC)
- You're welcome. Tip: When you make a comment, sign it and date it by adding four tildes ( ~~~~ ), MediaWiki will fill in your user name and the time and date. I usually put two hyphens before my signature, so it ends up looking like this: --Abd 13:43, 6 September 2011 (UTC)
Hi. It's great that you're interested in editing Wikiversity. However, several of your recent contributions are not structured as learning resources. You should read WV:Scope to gain a better understanding of what this project is for. I deleted the resource you created at Human because it was essentially a poor quality summary of the Wikipedia article on that topic (If you would like a copy of the article, please contact me) I would suggest you concentrate on creating one learning resource aimed at a specific audience on a topic you are knowledgeable about if you want to get the most out of editing Wikipedia, and you need to restructure your existing contributions as learning resources if you want them to be kept. Thanks. S Larctia 13:08, 20 September 2011 (UTC)
Your contributions - warning
As we have noted, Wikiversity is a wiki for learning resources and is not the appropriate venue for encyclopaedic material, which is outside our scope. Please consider contributing these general articles at Wikipedia instead. If you continue to contribute these encyclopaedic articles to Wikiversity, we may have to restrict your ability to do so. --Draicone (talk) 04:08, 25 September 2011 (UTC)
- As claimed, wikiversity is an open learning/teaching project. Therefore, the scope of wikiversity may please be broadened to allow encyclopaedic materials too. Thus efforts made in this regard/context may please be saved or archived.
- The issue here, MrFidaAliengr, is where and how pages are placed. "Encyclopaedic material" is not well-defined, but the strong suggestion here is that "encyclopedic" pages that are not "educational resources" other than being isolated snippets of knowledge be in your user space, not in mainspace. Please work with other users on mainspace pages.
- I disagree with Draicone on the suggestion that these materials go to Wikipedia. They would be less appropriate there, as written, rather than more. I'm moving Culture and Religion to your user space, User:MrFidaAliEngr/Culture and Religion. If nothing else, these are practices in writing in English, and in using wikitext. Wikiversity is, indeed, highly inclusive, and there can be a place for many things here that would be inappropriate elsewhere, but please be careful with mainspace. You have far more freedom in your user space. Pages can always be moved later to mainspace as appropriate. I'm not personally criticizing your content on the page I moved.
- (As you may have noticed, we also have many poorly written or inappropriate pages in mainspace, but our focus is on cleaning up mainspace, it's possible that the community is now being more strict, than it was in the past, about what is allowed. If you follow our deletion process, you will notice that many old pages are being deleted or otherwise reorganized.)
- Given that some of your page creations have offended some users in some way, and at this time, I do suggest that you only create pages in your user space. These pages, then, will begin with "User:MrFidAliEngr/" and then the rest of the page name. You may work to improve any educational resource already in mainspace, however, and, I suspect, you may be able to create original, good and acceptable educational resources in your fields of expertise or special study. I'll be happy to discuss any specifics with you, ask on my Talk page, User talk:Abd. Thanks. --Abd 20:21, 28 September 2011 (UTC)
For your information, I moved this page's content onto your user page: User:MrFidaAliEngr. Only educational content should go in the main Wikiversity space. -- Jtneill - Talk - c 05:39, 8 November 2011 (UTC)
I moved this to your user space as before. Please don't create this type of page in mainspace. It could be done, possibly, as part of some geographical educational resource, which would be a large project, but individual pages like this don't belong there. If you want to create pages about your locality or family, this may be acceptable, at least temporarily, in your user space. But we would never have an educational resource, a class, for example, called Skardu. If there is a class on the geography of the region, maybe it could be a subpage, but it would then be considered how it fits into that. Again, welcome to Wikiversity. --Abd 16:33, 8 November 2011 (UTC)
- Today, you also created Khaplu, also moved to your user space, User:MrFidaAliEngr/Khaplu. Please do not continue creating these pages in mainspace. User a page name like in the name I moved the page to, that is, start with your user page name, add a slash (/) and then the page you want to create. Thanks. --Abd 12:54, 9 November 2011 (UTC)
Despite concerns being raised on your talk page a number of times, you have created a number of pages which do not fit within the scope of Wikiversity. It has been proposed that these pages should be deleted. Please go here if you would l;ike to contribute to the discussion.Leutha 03:04, 11 January 2012 (UTC) I would like to thank all those who contribute to this learning and teaching project in every form and format from everywhere and everytime. Editors are regarded and revered for their editing services. I would very humbly request to kindly edit/correct contributions, but not to delete . Editing and saving the contributions will certainly encourage more and more contributions for the project. Thank you for editing and saving my contributions. I welcome your criticisms also. Because, criticisms are essential for improvement. Sincerely, MrFidaAliEngr